What filler would you recomend?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am getting to the point on my car that I can start thinking about putting some filler here/there to smooth out some of the areas that have bugged me. I have always just used bondo-brand filler from vato-zone but would be willing to pay a little extra to get something better. Any recommendations?

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Everglass

EDIT: Evercoat is the brand. I got mixed up.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
uqunaseb.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to recommend a fiberglass enforced filler as well.

We also use a sealer called akemi when we need something a bit thinner, it's super strong and impervious to water.

And, we also make our own filler, buy some "milled fiber" (powdered fiberglass) and mix it with resin until you have your desired consistency, then catalyze as normal. Also an extremely strong waterproof filler.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think the filler can on the right side of my pic would work best for what you're doing, Scott. If you're just talking about a door ding or something simple like that them that's what is go with. If you're doing some more serious fill work then either the glass gallon on the left side of my pic above or what Jeremy said.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have used fiberglass reinforced before and I know its thicker/stronger but the places I am looking at for the most part are going to be pretty thin just filling small seems. The area under my s281 spoiler and the decklid for example I want to make look seemless and not sure its thick enough to justify the glass filler. Thanks for the recommendations, now to see if I can find a shop that is open tomorrow locally that sells it.

188slo50

Reaction score
You can never go wrong with evercoat and if you want to thin it for a final skim coat just put a tad bit of fiberglass resin in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online