What is a realistic offer/value for this car?

chris91

Reaction score
If its just the paint job then Id say its worth $2500. Its rather hard to find a non molested 5.0 these days. Id snatch it up and throw a Plastidip paint job on it and drive the hell outta it. :D That or turn around and flip it to make some cash.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Yeah I'd be pretty insulted if somebody offered me 1.6K for it. I don't think it's a good bargaining tactic to lowball them. Just give them a realistic price and stick to that. Works the same and you don't sound like an idiot.

Like if you low ball me and then just try to get the middle price, you would have had better luck just asking for the middle price first. In my experience pissing somebody off isn't the best way to get them to cut you a deal.

Goldmember

Reaction score
I need to start buying cars in different states, I paid 4k for my 94 GT.

Our area of the country always seems to bring higher prices.
Case in point, in 2011 I paid $9900 for my '04 GT. In the Midwest, I bet it wouldn't have been a dollar over $7500. And for that same price, I could have landed a nice Mach 1.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Our area of the country always seems to bring higher prices.
Case in point, in 2011 I paid $9900 for my '04 GT. In the Midwest, I bet it wouldn't have been a dollar over $7500. And for that same price, I could have landed a nice Mach 1.

Nah you gotta go south for the cheap cars. My '96 GT was $8K in 2011. But granted it's a convertible and never seen a winter. Which is a rarity in MN.

But to find the real cheap cars you go south. I was on spring break in FL and wanted to buy everything I saw on the used lots because I knew I could make a third of that price in profit if I resold them here. And they don't have rust, which you can ask more for in the midwest and the salty states.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online