What is the sensor called on the back of the engine block passenger side please help

OP
OP
Project Grey94

Project Grey94

Reaction score
Could you explain what the sensor does I know it does something I just don't know what thanks again guys for all the info greatly appreciate it on this project

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
you really don't need it
If you changed the computer with harness all together with that engine
Than I would use it

The purpose is detect of deadanation or if a bearings or noises from deep inside it should also retard the timing
Almost like a lymp mode so no further damage is done to the engine
On a 4.6 I get it needs it
But on 5.o not sure what ford was thing
Trucks and broncos had them
But mustang not

OP
OP
Project Grey94

Project Grey94

Reaction score
Yes the only thing I used was the truck block pistons and cam everything else was off the old blown up engine oil pan intake headers distributor I didn't switch the heads because they were E7 but trying to make this long story short the the 1990 Ford GT engine has that same sensor located at the back of the engine but at least now want to go to the parts store I know what I'm looking for is it called a air charge temperature sensor on your car?

OP
OP
Project Grey94

Project Grey94

Reaction score
Yes the only thing I used was the truck block pistons and cam everything else was off the old blown up engine oil pan intake headers distributor I didn't switch the heads because they were E7 but trying to make this long story short the the 1990 Ford GT engine has that same sensor located at the back of the engine but at least now want to go to the parts store I know what I'm looking for is it called a air charge temperature sensor on your car?
Sorry I have my kids with me the 1994 GT Mustang engine has that same sensor located at the back of the engine is it called a air charge temperature sensor sorry again trying to learn some stuff today man thanks again

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
That would not be at the back of the block that would be in the lower intake manifold

OP
OP
Project Grey94

Project Grey94

Reaction score
I'm also starting to think that the engine originally was replaced with a truck engine then I replaced it with a truck engine this car was beat down and abused by a kid whose parents did not have an end to their bank account but for what it's worth me and my eight year old daughter and my five-year-old son have had fun together getting this project to run and do burnouts their smiles can explain it all thanks everyone for your time and knowledge not the first Mustang just the first sn95 and first fuel injected Mustang so sensors are apparently a very big deal

OP
OP
Project Grey94

Project Grey94

Reaction score
Timing chain cover etc

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
It's not uncommon , a lot of people prefer the truck over car block , back then the quality was better ,
You could do a lot more with them and they take the punishment better

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
air charge temperature sensor
cold air intake is about the same
But air charge temperature sensor is on the truck type lower intake manifold driver side
The cold is out side on the air box or the tube of the cold air intake on mustangs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online