what kind of rims look good on a teal gt?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
Snakebit said:
yea, he could go 275 but that MAY make the side-wall bulge out a little
On a 9 inch rim?? No bulge. 03/04 cobras come stock with that setup.

As for wheels I think the American Racing Torque Thrust II's would look awsome. They're available in a bunch of different sizes too.

thats why I said MAY be a bulge, so he knew there could be but probally would not. Just covering my ass on that :)

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
Do any of those fit on the stock wheels though?
Yes/no. Nitto DR's run small, that makes them able to fit a stock size rim (8"). Other tires like BFG or MT are a little too big for a stock size rim. Not to say it can't be done, it can, but not safely. If you want a larger tire other than a Nitto DR, a 255 if probably the max.

When people try to stretch a big tire on a stock wheel they're actually wasting money. The contact patch is almost the same as a smaller tire cause of all the sidewall bulge, and for those who just want it for looks, they're better off saving for a larger rim because thats whats going to make it look wider.

Z28 This

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
94gtstang50 said:
Do any of those fit on the stock wheels though?
Yes/no. Nitto DR's run small, that makes them able to fit a stock size rim (8"). Other tires like BFG or MT are a little too big for a stock size rim. Not to say it can't be done, it can, but not safely. If you want a larger tire other than a Nitto DR, a 255 if probably the max.

When people try to stretch a big tire on a stock wheel they're actually wasting money. The contact patch is almost the same as a smaller tire cause of all the sidewall bulge, and for those who just want it for looks, they're better off saving for a larger rim because thats whats going to make it look wider.

werd

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
i found some chrome 17'' saleen style wheels through discount tires direct but the chrome 03' cobra is still an option too.... out of these 2 wheels which do u think would look better on my car?

Z28 This

Reaction score
shrades79 said:
i found some chrome 17'' saleen style wheels through discount tires direct but the chrome 03' cobra is still an option too.... out of these 2 wheels which do u think would look better on my car?

go check on svtp i think they just had a thread called "03 cobras wheels on sn95" or something like that and see all the cars that have and see if you like them....saleens hook hella good on sn95s too..you can also get a 18" 03 cobra rims from somewhere i forgot the place and they look HELLA good...

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thats a hard choice I love both but saying as there 17" saleens vs 17" 03 Cobras id say the 03 Cobras just because they look slightly larger due to the fat spokes and the fact that the spokes go right to the very edge of the lip and me being me I like big rims. So i vote 03 COBRAS! You sure the Saleens arnt the Eagle version? which look nothing like the other saleen wheels out there, because I have never heard of 17" saleens...

Z28 This

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Thats a hard choice I love both but saying as there 17" saleens vs 17" 03 Cobras id say the 03 Cobras just because they look slightly larger due to the fat spokes and the fact that the spokes go right to the very edge of the lip and me being me I like big rims. So i vote 03 COBRAS! You sure the Saleens arnt the Eagle version? which look nothing like the other saleen wheels out there, because I have never heard of 17" saleens...

yes id go cobras...and ive never heard of 17" saleens either :dunno:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
repsl2.s.ang.jpg

17" Saleen replicas, here's the link: Discount tire direct

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Dee, you should start a thread in the intros section, your car looks sweet, awesome sig too. :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.