What other car would you choose?

ctandc

Reaction score
I was building G-bodies before i jumped into the mustang game. The GNX and olds 442 cars were a couple of my personal favorites before my first ride in a brand new 88 gt. The following year I bought my first mustang an 85 gt and from that day on its been straight up mustangs.

I was a G-Body addict for quite a while. I still wonder if I could have already retired if I'd held my parts stash until know LOL. Had a couple of 442s (mainly to flip or in the case of wrecked / rusty - use the 8.5 rear in another G-Body). I still regret selling the mint '79 2dr Malibu I had (4 speed / 305). It didn't help I got offered stupid money for it and the fact it was Green on Green. My favorite was 87-88 LS Monte Carlo. Had more than a few of those, including one with factory T-Tops. That was a GREAT everyday driver / cruiser.

mustang1996gt

Reaction score
Sn95 has good bang for the buck, versatility, reliability and fun factor. My daily is a subaru brz and surprisingly to some it also has these qualities I think only other car that could surpass these would be a c6 c7 used corvette, however Its only a 2 seater and pricier but the trunk is pretty usable as a daily vehicle and has all these qualities on a slightly higher level.
Edit:
Also forgot to mention aftermarket parts and community.

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
I have owned Mustangs from 1990 to present day. Still own my ‘95 GT I bought in ‘97. However, my all time favorite car is a ‘66 Chevelle. I should have bought one back in the late 80’s or early 90’s, I can’t afford a nice one now. My 2nd choice would be a newer Challenger Hellcat or Demon.

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
Oh, by the way, back in the late 90’s I used to outrun a WS6 weekly on my way to work. I did have a gear, intake, exhaust, pulleys, K&N, throttle body, mass air at that time though. I guess the guys WS6 was stock, we never spoke, but we must have started work at the same time because I would see him 1-2 days a week going to work. Once of us would always try the other. He would be close but didn’t have enough.

NERD

Reaction score
I go through a lot of project cars. Old Chevy's are the easiest and probably the cheapest to build if you get a clean Roller. ..but they lack a little flare without spending a ton. ..I'm partial to Nova's so I have a bigger bridge to cross. They said a WS6 and I think it's about the best looking Fbody. Maybe second to a '70 Split bumper or Firebird. The big body lines are the same reason I love the SN95 over the rest of the years. 4th gens ride like trucks though.

I would really like to try my hand at building a 911 Porsche but I know it wouldn't be a car I'd keep very long. I have test drove all of the new cars and they all bore me except the Moostang. My GT500 is the best Modern pony car ever made and can do anything if you're not worried to scratch it like I am, lol. I appreciate the C7 Z06 and the new C8 but I'm not sure I'll ever buy one.

ctandc

Reaction score
I go through a lot of project cars. Old Chevy's are the easiest and probably the cheapest to build if you get a clean Roller. ..but they lack a little flare without spending a ton. ..I'm partial to Nova's so I have a bigger bridge to cross. They said a WS6 and I think it's about the best looking Fbody. Maybe second to a '70 Split bumper or Firebird. The big body lines are the same reason I love the SN95 over the rest of the years. 4th gens ride like trucks though.

I would really like to try my hand at building a 911 Porsche but I know it wouldn't be a car I'd keep very long. I have test drove all of the new cars and they all bore me except the Moostang. My GT500 is the best Modern pony car ever made and can do anything if you're not worried to scratch it like I am, lol. I appreciate the C7 Z06 and the new C8 but I'm not sure I'll ever buy one.
Early 2nd F-Bodys - 70-73 Firebirds in my opinion have some of the best lines of any cars ever. 70-72 Camaro before the ugly bumpers.
My favorite will always be the '67 Chevelle - it was my first car.

911s - well I owned one years ago. Cheap, needed a ton of work. You can make the old air cooled version pretty fast. It was fun to drive, but you had to wring the hell out of it to have fun driving it. Good thing, if you don't over pay, you will likely never lose money when you sell it.

The new GT500 is epic, but I just can't get past no third pedal. Yes I know modern clutchless hipo transmissions are faster - it's not about fast. But it's almost video game fast. My '04 4.6 2v is slow. But it's fun to drive.

Also 240Z,260Z or EARLY 280Z. I had two of 'em. Did a LT1 (95 Z/28 drivetrain) in one. That car was FUN. But someone wanted it alot more than me. It's crazy that 3rd gen F-Body's are getting pricey. LS swapped, T56 - those things can be made to handle ridiculously well w/o dropping a ton of coin, but damn the interior panels make the 4th gen F-Bodys look solid.

NERD

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot about 240's. I have always wanted 70-'73 240z. When i was younger I really wanted to swap in a Small Block but now that I'm older, I'd probably stick with a turbo inline 6 of some variant.

As I'm on the hunt for another SN, it will be a 96-98 Cobra, probably Convertible. I'll keep the 4.6 4v because no Coyote or Predator could sound as good. A nice 500rw daily driver and Autocross weekender. Dalamar type looks.

Snorky

Reaction score
Now that I have come to my senses, I would probably pick a viper of some calibre.. then a challenger which is easily attainable. A classic would be a 69 mustang, 71 Cuda or challenger. Or a 68-70 charger

.. I'm not sure why.. I just don't have much love for Chevrolet.... great cars.. just not my cup of tea I suppose

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
American muscle? Money is no object? I’d get that exact car from Bullitt that sold at auction for $3.4 million a few years back… …sell it, then buy the Delorean I’ve wanted since I was four. Then have my 57 bel air professionally restored and built to my specs (it’s a shell right now, but planned to become an EV). I’d have a/c custom fitted to my 67 Triumph GT6, because I literally cannot drive it because it’s a million degrees. …maybe a professional respray too. Then I guess I’d invest whatever I had left over.

Wait. I’d still have a shit ton left over. Ok… …the delorean would have that full back to the future II conversion kit done to it, make THAT an EV too, because the original Renault engine is well… …meh. And I’d get an Ecto 1 clone as well… …and… …oh hell… …how bout several Nissan Figaros. One in every color offered. …and I suppose an addition so that I could store all of those because we have bad hail. And THEN I’d invest what’s left.

Last edited:

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
American muscle? Money is no object? I’d get that exact car from Bullitt that sold at auction for $3.4 million a few years back… …sell it, then buy the Delorean I’ve wanted since I was four. Then have my 57 bel air professionally restored and built to my specs (it’s a shell right now, but planned to become an EV). I’d have a/c custom fitted to my 67 Triumph GT6, because I literally cannot drive it because it’s a million degrees. …maybe a professional respray too. Then I guess I’d invest whatever I had left over.

Wait. I’d still have a shit ton left over. Ok… …the delorean would have that full back to the future II conversion kit done to it, make THAT an EV too, because the original Renault engine is well… …meh. And I’d get an Ecto 1 clone as well… …and… …oh hell… …how bout several Nissan Figaros. One in every color offered. …and I suppose an addition so that I could store all of those because we have bad hail. And THEN I’d invest what’s left.
Delorean you say? I actually got to work on one, dyno tune it, and drive it around. They get a lot of looks. Had a turbo kit on it with Holley efi. IMG_3763.jpeg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I took a ferrari 488GTB out for 3 laps on the track today and I could settle for one of them if I had to.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I took a ferrari 488GTB out for 3 laps on the track today and I could settle for one of them if I had to.
I guess it would do in a pinch! LOL

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes they had a black and a white one but red was my first choice. I think it is almost played out on most sports cars but that is one car that I don't think that anyone can ever say looks bad in their red.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlmobile636

Members online