what pads do you like or hate?

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
So, 17 coats of polish/wax (Exaggerating). I can barely muster enough energy for 1-2 coats. I really am getting old.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
So, 17 coats of polish/wax (Exaggerating). I can barely muster enough energy for 1-2 coats. I really am getting old.
well not really, 7 I guess. taking it off with the polisher makes it a lot easier. You just put the soft fuzzy sob pad on it and wave it around with no down pressure and it takes it off and buffs it nicely.

joe65

Reaction score
in case anyone has not seem any of my other posts, it polished out nicely.

UWtyX8g.jpg
Hell yeah! damn it, looks great!!

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
well not really, 7 I guess. taking it off with the polisher makes it a lot easier. You just put the soft fuzzy sob pad on it and wave it around with no down pressure and it takes it off and buffs it nicely.
I don’t own a polisher/buffer, I guess that’s my problem. What’s a good one to get?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your just looking to take wax off and not for any serious polishing there are a number of small cheap polishers that are great for this. they are not a super solid or heavy build and do not have a lot of torque but for wax it just is not needed. If you are going to want to do polishing then you will need to spend a few bucks and how much is up to you but its hard to get a good one for less than a $100. I have a porter cable and I was running a fan that I would set the polisher down in front of to cool it because the faster it goes and the harder you push the hotter it gets. I have a small one that I started off with that I would sell for $20 if it isn't a rip off. I need to check as I am not sure what it would go for as it was a gift a few years back.

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
if your just looking to take wax off and not for any serious polishing there are a number of small cheap polishers that are great for this. they are not a super solid or heavy build and do not have a lot of torque but for wax it just is not needed. If you are going to want to do polishing then you will need to spend a few bucks and how much is up to you but its hard to get a good one for less than a $100. I have a porter cable and I was running a fan that I would set the polisher down in front of to cool it because the faster it goes and the harder you push the hotter it gets. I have a small one that I started off with that I would sell for $20 if it isn't a rip off. I need to check as I am not sure what it would go for as it was a gift a few years back.
Ok thanks, let me know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online