What to do with exhaust, steering and such.

racenmotorsports

Reaction score
Ok, got a 95 v-6 5 speed I've talked about before. Got the brakes fixed and it drives.
Now that I've got it where I can drive it and it's safe, I have three issues I need to fix, before I give it to my daughter.

1- the PO put dual exhaust on with some really loud flowmasters (I think). It doesn't really sound good as I am finding out, it's just loud. I'm debating on removing the dual's and get a stock exhaust from one in the junkyard, cut everything out and replace and hope it's more quiet. Or, just getting some type of quieter muffler. I like the look of the dual's on it but I'd like it to be much quieter going down the road. Any suggestions on a quiet muffler?

2- Driving down the road, it has a shimmy in the steering. Looking under the car, I see some oil on the passenger side of the rack. Not sure where to look on this one to find the shimmy. Any suggestions?

3- Got an oil leak out of the rear of the engine below the bellhouse. I'm thinking rear main seal. How hard is this replacement? Can I do it on my back or does it have to be done on a lift? I know a lift is easier, can it be done on my back?

Thanks for the help and ideas.
Ray

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online