What type of dyno numbers and quarters mile times can I expect?

Reaction score
I'm new here and this is my first post. I have a 98 gt auto, the car only has mac performance mufflers. I plan on adding a cervinis ramair intake, the livernois pi intake, 4.10 gears march underdrive pullies, msd plugs,coilpacks, and a trickflow differential cover.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Murder after Midnight said:
I'm new here and this is my first post. I have a 98 gt auto, the car only has mac performance mufflers. I plan on adding a cervinis ramair intake, the livernois pi intake, 4.10 gears march underdrive pullies, msd plugs,coilpacks, and a trickflow differential cover.
Ive got you here, when I joined here I had a 98GT with the auto. I had every bolton you could have ( stock heads and cams ) I had full exhaust Longtubes - xpipe - catback / Coldair / C&L upper / 70 TB/ Livernois PI swap / Pulleys / and a dyno tune with custom chip. Mine made 238rwhp AFTER THE TUNE.

As far as track times go :dunno: I had 410's and a 2800 stall in mine so it would roll pretty good but I never got to the track with it. I feel sure on sticky tires I would have been in the low 13's

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
cool thanks I was hoping for 230-240 rwhp, also 4.10 is the gear for my 4.6 right? Or should I get 3.90's instead to keep the rpm down a bit on the hwy?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
cool thanks I was hoping for 230-240 rwhp, also 4.10 is the gear for my 4.6 right? Or should I get 3.90's instead to keep the rpm down a bit on the hwy?
thats up to you, I liked mine just fine. You might want to think about getting a stall in your car along with a shift kit it will make a HUGE difference in your stangs performance.

I mean big time like HALF A SECOND

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Which stall and shift kit would you recommend? And how much should I expect to pay?

I had the trans-go shift kit in mine, I liked it but there are some new ones on the market now. There is one called the Jmod but im not familiar with it :dunno:. I had a 2800 stall in mine, when you get ready to get one the company you get it from will ask for a full run down of your car and mods and they will match you up with the right one for your application.

Whistler98

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Must post pics before you start other posts when you are new! J/K! Get the 4.10s that will make the biggest diff out of those mods you plan on doing that and the pi intake. O0

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
well with the mods you listed...say a stock 98 gt dynos at 185 or so...you might be able to get 210-220 rwhp

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
well with the mods you listed...say a stock 98 gt dynos at 185 or so...you might be able to get 210-220 rwhp

thats where I was BEFORE my tune....218rwhp, then with the dyno tune I maxed at 238rwhp :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online