What type of dyno numbers and quarters mile times can I expect?

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by Murder after Midnight, May 16, 2007.

1. Murder after Midnight

Murder after Midnight New Member

I'm new here and this is my first post. I have a 98 gt auto, the car only has mac performance mufflers. I plan on adding a cervinis ramair intake, the livernois pi intake, 4.10 gears march underdrive pullies, msd plugs,coilpacks, and a trickflow differential cover.

2. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

Ive got you here, when I joined here I had a 98GT with the auto. I had every bolton you could have ( stock heads and cams ) I had full exhaust Longtubes - xpipe - catback / Coldair / C&L upper / 70 TB/ Livernois PI swap / Pulleys / and a dyno tune with custom chip. Mine made 238rwhp AFTER THE TUNE.

As far as track times go :dunno: I had 410's and a 2800 stall in mine so it would roll pretty good but I never got to the track with it. I feel sure on sticky tires I would have been in the low 13's

3. Murder after Midnight

cool thanks I was hoping for 230-240 rwhp, also 4.10 is the gear for my 4.6 right? Or should I get 3.90's instead to keep the rpm down a bit on the hwy?

4. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

thats up to you, I liked mine just fine. You might want to think about getting a stall in your car along with a shift kit it will make a HUGE difference in your stangs performance.

I mean big time like HALF A SECOND

5. Murder after Midnight

Which stall and shift kit would you recommend? And how much should I expect to pay?

6. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

I had the trans-go shift kit in mine, I liked it but there are some new ones on the market now. There is one called the Jmod but im not familiar with it :dunno:. I had a 2800 stall in mine, when you get ready to get one the company you get it from will ask for a full run down of your car and mods and they will match you up with the right one for your application.

7. Whistler98

Whistler98 Active Member

Welcome to the site. Must post pics before you start other posts when you are new! J/K! Get the 4.10s that will make the biggest diff out of those mods you plan on doing that and the pi intake. O0

8. justinschmidt1

justinschmidt1 Legend

well with the mods you listed...say a stock 98 gt dynos at 185 or so...you might be able to get 210-220 rwhp

9. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

thats where I was BEFORE my tune....218rwhp, then with the dyno tune I maxed at 238rwhp :)