what wax and clay bar to use???

96cobraclone843

Reaction score
I have a car show tomm. and its the first time i have ever put my car in one..some one please help my decide on the wax and clay bar to use!! its a red fire metallic paint..so far its between gold class, nxt, or turtle wax.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I try to stay away from OTC products but I have tried them all so i know good and whats not lol.

Any OTC Claybar kit will do the job. I would either get the Mother's Kit or the Meguires Kit. Out of those 2, i prefer the meguires kit because it comes with a towel and a case for the clay.

As for the Wax, The gold class is the best from the ones you listed. NXT is just full of Filler so i stay away from NTX.

If it were me, i would either go with Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Paste Wax or Meguiars Mirror Glaze #26 Hi-Tech Paste Car Wax. Out of those 2, i prefer the Meguires #26 because IMO its a Deeper wax and looks great on metallic paint.

Next time you buy Detailing products, try to order online because there are alot of great companies out there with products that blow OTC product out of the water. Companies like DoDo Juice & Chemical Guys Make great Waxes!!! Chemical Guys 50/50 is my personal favorite at the moment and is currently on my paint.

OP
OP

96cobraclone843

Reaction score
thanks for the help man..i washed her today but it got dark so im goin to clay bar and wax before the show

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I LOVE detailing at night. The cool weather just keeps me going!!!

I got these 1000W lights for $17 at lowes so working at night is east cake!!!

IMG_1322Small.jpg

IMG_1402Small.jpg

joekd

Reaction score
Bah who needs fancy stand lights, I just work under 32 feet of fluorescents!!!

P1000894.jpg

detail061.jpg

All kidding aside I do also keep a small floodlight out there which I can carry by hand to use for a good final inspection step

det_riot

Reaction score
I know that OTC products aren't as good as buying from chemical guys, or an online supplier but what would be a good paint corrector for light swirls on my paint? Handz, opinion?

OP
OP

96cobraclone843

Reaction score
i clay bared the car and then quick detailed it with maguares clay kit... i was goin to wash and wax today but it raind...the clay bar helped alot my paint is smooth as sh*t!!! thanks for the help ill post pics this weekend before the wash and after the wax.

96redgt

Reaction score
Good.... Then you can come do mine... lol I need a hell of a lot more than a wash, wax, and clay bar treatment....

It did pour like hell today though didn't it? I was down in West Ashley when it dropped.....

OP
OP

96cobraclone843

Reaction score
yes it did lol and it pissed me off bc i had yesterday off and was goin to finish detaling...obviously mother nature is a gm fan bc it always rains after i wash.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Almost always!
I"ve noticed that as well.
Stupid mother nature!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member