What ways to change fans to come on earlier dilema

Englishbully

Reaction score
ok so this is my dilemma I have a 1997 mustang gt vert: car temp stays center of guage until I turn a/c on then temp rises to almost on the L on the stock guage .checked and verified temps with my scanner .fans also kick on when I believe they are suppose to .low speed turns on @206deg. Then the hi speed fan kicks on @220 or so.
So why does my car heat up so much with the A/c on.and how can I change when the fans turn on earlier? Thanks

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Could be your ac condenser.. That was an issue at some point. Not allowing enough airflow

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

Englishbully

Reaction score
I'll have to check it out .but is there like a tuner or something I can use to change when my fans kick on?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
or you can add a fan controller that you can adjust the temp on but the tune would be the easiest.

OP
OP
E

Englishbully

Reaction score
I bought a Hayden fan temp controller but read so many bad reviews I didn't install it and returned it.i looked at the hand held tuner but dang they are expensive .I only wanna change my fans. know anyone that has a used there?

OP
OP
E

Englishbully

Reaction score
Oh also what is a decent hand held tuner that anyone would recommends?thanks

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SCT tuners are user friendly. Look around for used unlocked XCAL 2 or 3 models.

OP
OP
E

Englishbully

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise .I will look for a used one.although I rinse out my condensor to today in hopes that maybee the dirt and bugs from over the years might have slowed the cooling.didnt help much but it did throw an evaporate code after the rise .hopefully when the water dries it goes away.

DFG_magic

Reaction score
Just to clarify, a faulty ac condenser won't cause the vehicle to overheat. It will just affect a/c performance.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Just to clarify, a faulty ac condenser won't cause the vehicle to overheat. It will just affect a/c performance.
It can restrict airflow. Which it was only an issue with the 96 cobra. For some reason i thought it was 97 too.. So that part was my mistake..

lutter94

Reaction score

It does when you've gotten countless rocks/bugs/road debris over the years and 50% of the fins are bent over, LOL.

OP
OP
E

Englishbully

Reaction score
.well I bought an sct x3.I will have it in a few days. I know I can change fan setting with the tuner .but do I have to run a tune to be able to change fan setting? Or can I just change fan setting without installing any tune?

DFG_magic

Reaction score
It can restrict airflow. Which it was only an issue with the 96 cobra. For some reason i thought it was 97 too.. So that part was my mistake..

I can see that as an issue. Would have to be pretty restricted! Bent fins, full of bugs, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.