Where Can I Buy PI Adaptor Plates?

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
MustangChris - When counting the valve cover bolt holes, be sure to include the holes (I think 2) in the timing chain cover as well.

I had my history wrong, so I'm gonna provide a link to an artical just to show the messy history http://www.mre-books.com/sa82/sa82_5.html

You'd think I would know them better as I worked for Teksid Aluminum Foundry in Dickson, TN from 10/92 thru 11/98 doing CADD work. With all the other mfgr's heads we were casting, the modular heads were not real problematic to mfgr. The only real problem was the spark plug pins that created the pockets for the plugs. During casting cooling, if the spark plug pins were extracted too early, the aluminum would try to stick to the pins. If the timing was too long, the casting would contract too much and the pins did not want to come out. The timing was a dance to say the least.

I guess since I've worked/built cars since 1975 and created CADD models for various Tier 1 suppliers since '92, I'm still a "newby nerd" when it comes to modulars. I have built and re-built things ranging from 225 "slant six" Chryslers to 460 super block Fords but have never been very far into a modular. But I'm learning more about these every day.

GT

NERD

Reaction score
GDTrumbo said:
sxynerd said:
MustangChris said:
oh, like main caps on the crank? it would have like 10 cam caps instead of 2 big cradles?

But there's nothing wrong with that....At all. Your heads are Windsors aren't they? Count your cam cover holes. I have Windsors and like it.

My heads
DSC02193.jpg

What casting # are these. They look like the later Romeo's w/o the girdles. And, a little port work as well.

GT

They are Windsor heads. I couldn't believe I actually took this picture, lol. I sooo wasn't going out to the car and half pull my engine again to look at a casting number. lol
Casting.jpg

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
I guess this "2L1E" denotes a MY (model year) '02 casting? Are these a modded Patriot head?

GT

NERD

Reaction score
GDTrumbo said:
I guess this "2L1E" denotes a MY (model year) '02 casting? Are these a modded Patriot head?

GT

Yes... Great heads thus far... I think the gain was right about 35-40rw. Not bad for 1200$. (plus the $50 at the machine shop to make sur ethey were in good order, lol) Never trust a company that at one point had a bad rep.

Well, "Trust but Verify"

R.R.