Where to pour seafoam to all cylinders?

ctaylor_369

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here. Ive been doing maentenace on my 94 v6, and these forums have helped me a lot, so I figured I'd finally make an account. Anyway, I've been wanting to seafoam my car, but I'm not sure exactly where to pour the stuff. I heard the pcv hose works well, but do I take the hose off of the actual pcv valve? If so, when I follow that hose there's another hose connected to it, should I disconnect that before seafoaming? Sorry, I've not been doing this for very long so I'm still learning a lot. Pictures would be great. Thanks for reading.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Seafoam's website would probably say. If I remember right, you throw half in the gas and half in the oil.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think it depends what part of the engine you want to clean with it. I thought for combustion chambers you unhooked a vac line and let it suck it up.

LilRoush

Reaction score
I think it depends what part of the engine you want to clean with it. I thought for combustion chambers you unhooked a vac line and let it suck it up.

This.
Pull a vac line off the upper intake and let it draw it in there. It will clean the upper/lower intakes through your valves and inside the cylinders that way. Just a heads up, your exhaust is going to puke out some NASTY stuff, so be ready for a big smoke show afterwards.

lutter94

Reaction score
You have to regulate the flow, otherwise it will try to die. After you get rid of the whole can, let it sit for a half hour. Then start it up and rod the piss out of it. It will have thick smoke about 40 yards wide 40 yards tall for about 2 blocks......Don't do it at your house if you live in town......i always blew it out while driving....

[video=youtube;X832d4MtYUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X832d4MtYUc[/video]

Slykin

Reaction score
I'm still not convinced I want to do this to my car... Seems like a bad idea.

GT3FC

Reaction score
i'll pour a full bottle into a vacuum line, it doesn't really matter which one just pour the bottle into a vacuum line (try not to pour too much and kill the engine) leave it off for 10-15 min then start it up (probably hesitate to start but eventually it will start) then enjoy the smoke show.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I used SeaFoam on my old sixer pretty frequently. What I usually did was put ⅓ of the can into the oil and ⅓ of the can through the air intake using the brake booster line. I'd let the car sit for a few moments, then start it up and drive it around for a few miles. Then I'd go to the gas station, dump the remaining ⅓ of the can into the gas tank and then top it off with fresh gas. After that, I'd go back home and change the oil.

There's really no set directions or way of doing it.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dose it really work

Some say yes, some say no. I think it does, but not really to the extent that people tend to believe.
I think that a lot of the "gains" people say they receive after doing it are due to the placebo effect.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It won't hurt anything if you did. Just don't expect it to be a "miracle in a can" like some people tend to be believe.

Barner1

Reaction score
Some say yes, some say no. I think it does, but not really to the extent that people tend to believe.
I think that a lot of the "gains" people say they receive after doing it are due to the placebo effect.

I think that's the effect it had on me

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online