OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
good advice there whipy whiperson :)

hey the5.ohh can i ask ya a couple ??'s

1) are you sure that you haven't burnt through the clear already man? on the edge in that pic i see light grey. hope its just compound build up lol.
2) when you said you brought it from a haze to a shine before...were the sanding scratches visible then? or are they only showing now cause of the haze?

i ask because if you can get away with just repolishing rather then wetsanding then ya should simply because you dont know without the right kind of meter how thick your clear coat is. easy as HELL to sand right through clear on edges!!

the pic seriously just looks like you didn't buff and polish it out enough. the wax shined it but then wore off showing the haze again. before you waxed it, it should have looked like glass already from buff and polish.

also the pic doesn't look like it was left at 1500 gritt lol. maybe it was but just looks a tad more smoother than what a 1500 would look like.

where i'm wondering if you burnt through the clear and maybe even paint is here:

or i that compound build up????

When they wetsanded the guy sanded a little much on the edge, I went over it once an the paint came right off! The hazing came after I did this about 2-3 weeks ago. Before i put the wax on, just from the compound and polish it looked like glass, really clear and shiny. I was standing right there when they wetsanded it, 1500 grit only. But this is a perfect example as to why the body shop should do this work and not the customer. The sanding marks were visible and the paint was hazed before I compounded, polished and waxed it. I really wish they would've just done it themselves.. Now I gotta go buy touch up paint and fix the spot where you see the paint came off. They very well might've sanded thru the clear, I didn't so the wetsanding that was all them. All the guy said to do was compound, polish & wax and its done.. Apparently not lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online