Who else has had a " how the hell did I miss that?" moment.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Caboose302, May 21, 2014.

1. Caboose302

Caboose302 Well-Known Member

Aside from the mismatched taillights I noticed a few months ago, I noticed something else odd.

A buddy of mine commented on how much body roll my car has for being lowered. Told him it was because I had cheap eBay springs . They started squeaking a few days ago so I got under the car thinking it might just be the sway bar bushings drying out. Not think it used to be a drag only car, I get under there to check them out. Started thinking to myself "where are the sway bar bushings?" which then led to "where's the sway bar?".

It's taken me a year to notice I dont have a sway bar in the front

:(

Am I the only one who has done this? Not little things but moderate to major things.

2. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

LOL! Um I noticed my car sits higher on one side than the other. Other than that not much. I'm always doing something so i've pretty much worked on all areas of the car.

3. Tekton1377

Tekton1377 Member

Took my rear calipers off to change the brakes and found out I only had one brake pad on the driver side.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

In my Fox #71 guys at the dyno would tell me my headers would glow red when doing my runs. Like scary red.

Never had issues, but one time I was under the car and was goofing around with the balancer. Well, I noticed my timing mark (silver sharpie) was on the 0* line instead of the 10* BTDC. I think me or a buddy did that because he had a fancy timing light that you use 0* and set the light to 10*. Anyway, I had timed it with my dinosaur light many times and never noticed I had been timing it at 0 instead of 10.

Doh!!

5. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

One time I was working on my intake and forgot to bolt my air filter back up. I realized the next day when I popped the hood that the filter was just sitting in the engine bay.

Oh well. :dontknow:

MAXIMUM AIRFLOW!

6. Carnage281

Carnage281 Active Member

I remember a few weeks after I got the my car a buddy and happen to be looking at it from a certain angle and noticed a dent in my fender and what looked like somebody had keyed the car lol. They dark grey makes it barely noticeable unless you walk up real close to it. >.> I remember standing there like...how did I miss that.