will the 3650 fit

W

williamswill5

would a tremec 3650 fit in our mustangs, a guy is selling one locally for 50 bucks but it has a bad third gear, i wanted to buy it and rebuild it, but i wanted to know if it would fit and if these transmissions were any stronger than our t45

96sohc

Reaction score
I saw that on craigslist as well.
I have a 3650 in mine that I got for a steal and figured I'd do that instead of the T45. What I saved in buying the 3650 I made up for in parts/labor to make it work.
As far as being stronger, maybe a smidgen, but nothing substantial.

atrainsgt

Reaction score
I have one in my car, and yes it will fit, but it is NOT a direct swap. My t45 mount didn't work so I had to modify it, then I had to modify the cross member. It would be pretty easy if you have a mount that will work, even with mine modified it rubs on the transmission case and causes some pretty bad drivetrain vibrations at certain speeds. It's coming out next weekend if I have all my parts for my new trans.

OP
OP
W

williamswill5

i can believe it, i was planning on rebuilding it with stronger internals

Tornbetween2

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of there mount.

I have to modify my mount someone before me put in a 3650 in my 96 and they took the mount and moved the mount back. and the whole drivetrain is angled down.

Magic

Reaction score
Tornbetween2 said:
Does anyone have any pictures of there mount.

I have to modify my mount someone before me put in a 3650 in my 96 and they took the mount and moved the mount back. and the whole drivetrain is angled down.

put some "shims" between the trans and trans mount, or between the crossmember and trans mount to get the proper driveshaft angle..

Tornbetween2

Reaction score
Shiming it would work but i am going to move the mount back to where it goes and modify the mount. What mount do others use when they do this? 96-98 or 99-04 mount?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online