Windstar Intake questions

1996GT

Reaction score
So ive been reading about the windstar intake swap and it sounds like a good deal. But im confused on exactly what my '01 would need to acheive this. Most of the stuff i found was on 98's 97's 99's etc. and from what i read, will not work with my year.
Anyways, what im getting at is, if anyone has done this swap to a 2001 V6, if you could post some feedback that would be great. I have a stock 3.8 that was bored out a bit when it was rebuilt, dont know how much though.
Other than that i dont have any other mods besides a cold air. Oh, and i have a 3" cowl hood already cause i heard there would b some clearance issues. Thanks.

OP
OP
1996GT

1996GT

Reaction score
thanks man, i appreciate the info. I might have to pick one of these up and get started.

warthogdriver

Reaction score
yeah its not to bad. just when you pick up the intake make sure you get all the bolts and bushings/isolators for the windstar intake. if not it will cost you more then you pay for the intake to get them all. i had to fab up a IAC bracket and coil pack bracket...again not to bad. if i can help you out i will do my best.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Members online