Winter Wonderland 2016

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Posting for a friend

Attention all owners of Mustangs, Fiestas, Focus, Crown Vic, etc ALL FORDS. Get those registrations in. Just under a month away for our Annual Toy Drive/Car Show. It will be a cool spot right here in LA, at the Heritage Square Museum. 10am-2pm. Roll in at 9am. Please bring a wrapped/unused toy, and if its valued at 20$, you will get a free bottle of Brazilian Mist detailing spray from our sponsor as a bonus, on top of the cool goody bags(stocking stuffers) were giving away. There will be cool raffle prizes from GTR high performance, cal pony cars, carbon driven, RTR, Avant Garde Wheels, Magnaflow, Borla, and American Muscle along with music playing, and good food! Definitely a cool photo-op as well.

Dont Forget to bring a toy for the kids!
registration link:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/4th-an...erland-toy-drive-tickets-27517288952?aff=eac2

15095527_10154047073151938_5862498604437221713_n.jpg

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't carbon driven have sort of a bad rep in sn95 community? I know people on the other forum have a pretty sour taste in their mouth...

Lanter

Reaction score
Doesn't carbon driven have sort of a bad rep in sn95 community? I know people on the other forum have a pretty sour taste in their mouth...

Only thing I have heard was one of the site Admins sent carbon driven some one off parts to be covered like 3 years ago and never heard anything back. Also won't get an answer from them which is enough for me to never want to deal with them. Now having said that their parts are top notch, but just ignoring someone who sent custom stuff to you they can't just go out and buy is ridiculous.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score

i have not heard of any bad rep from carbon driven. There is another company that everyone dislikes, but it is not carbon driven.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Only thing I have heard was one of the site Admins sent carbon driven some one off parts to be covered like 3 years ago and never heard anything back. Also won't get an answer from them which is enough for me to never want to deal with them. Now having said that their parts are top notch, but just ignoring someone who sent custom stuff to you they can't just go out and buy is ridiculous.

Thats unusual to hear to be honest. Reason being, the owner will straight up tell you (as he did to me) that he will not do one off parts. And he will not make a mold for a part that may not sell. So it is possible that its happened, but cannot comment for certain.

Lanter

Reaction score
Thats unusual to hear to be honest. Reason being, the owner will straight up tell you (as he did to me) that he will not do one off parts. And he will not make a mold for a part that may not sell. So it is possible that its happened, but cannot comment for certain.

I believe the deal was the part was to be provided for carbon driven to make a mold and sell in mass quantities and the guy who made the part got one for free. But I don't know either party personally so this is all just stuff I've read. I do get the impression that Dan (guy who made the gauge pod) is a pretty honest guy and gains nothing by making up a story about how his custom part is lost or never returned and no communication. But again don't know either personally so this is all what I've read.

Here is the guys build thread where he talks about sending it to carbon driven.

http://www.***************/topic/2191-the-chronicles-of-95riosnakes-ocd-machine/

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Their communication on the forum was rather poor, so Dan's story doesn't surprise me. I remember trying to get information on shipping to Canada and I wasn't impressed by their customer service so I never bought anything.
I know their products are very nice, but I personally wasn't impressed with the customer service.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I believe the deal was the part was to be provided for carbon driven to make a mold and sell in mass quantities and the guy who made the part got one for free. But I don't know either party personally so this is all just stuff I've read. I do get the impression that Dan (guy who made the gauge pod) is a pretty honest guy and gains nothing by making up a story about how his custom part is lost or never returned and no communication. But again don't know either personally so this is all what I've read.

i dont know Dan, but i agree that nothing will be gained by making up a story like that. I will be working with the owner (hopefully) on some stuff, so i will find out if that still holds true.

Lanter

Reaction score
i dont know Dan, but i agree that nothing will be gained by making up a story like that. I will be working with the owner (hopefully) on some stuff, so i will find out if that still holds true.

What are you getting done? If you care to share. More racecar goodness lol :)

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
What are you getting done? If you care to share. More racecar goodness lol :)

haha. I am actually hoping to work with several companies in the coming years. I would love to discuss, but then when it happens no one will be surprised ;). But i am hoping to get stuff done for my 72, 280z, SN95, and possibly the S197. Companies will be Track Spec Motorsports, Carbon Driven, Currie, RS Speed Design & Fabricating, Mike Maier Inc, and Cortex Racing. Some companies already have what i need like Currie, Mike Maier, and Cortex, the other i will be working with for development, and others are completely custom pieces. Also, MIGHT look at working with Custom Auto Lab for some exterior changes ;), and look into MAYBE expanding my brand a little. Most work will be done to the SN95. Expect a totally different animal :D

Lanter

Reaction score
haha. I am actually hoping to work with several companies in the coming years. I would love to discuss, but then when it happens no one will be surprised ;). But i am hoping to get stuff done for my 72, 280z, SN95, and possibly the S197. Companies will be Track Spec Motorsports, Carbon Driven, Currie, RS Speed Design & Fabricating, Mike Maier Inc, and Cortex Racing. Some companies already have what i need like Currie, Mike Maier, and Cortex, the other i will be working with for development, and others are completely custom pieces. Also, MIGHT look at working with Custom Auto Lab for some exterior changes ;), and look into MAYBE expanding my brand a little. Most work will be done to the SN95. Expect a totally different animal :D

Ugh I keep forgetting about your s30, I need to get another one in my life lol. Probably be my next purchase now that my mustang is mostly done. I'd really like to do a series one car with a triple two barrel setup on a 2.8 or 3.1L. Pipe dream right now but I'm searching for what will be my third s30 lol

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ugh I keep forgetting about your s30, I need to get another one in my life lol. Probably be my next purchase now that my mustang is mostly done. I'd really like to do a series one car with a triple two barrel setup on a 2.8 or 3.1L. Pipe dream right now but I'm searching for what will be my third s30 lol

they are fun little cars. we havent settled on what engine to use, but we have our thoughts lol. A 3.1 with triple mikunis will be bad ass. or even ITB's, if you go EFI

I am trying to convince my girlfriend to go extreme (since its her car). But she wants a good street car/canyon carver, and a minor autocross/road racing car. We will see what she decides.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online