would I need a tune?

93PGT

Reaction score
I would like to swap in a pi swapped (npi block) 4.6 with comp 270 cams degreed out for clearance. would i be able to drive this everyday without a dyno tune?

blown98gt

Reaction score
depending on the cam that you went with you might need a tune. just doing a pi swap you don't really need a tune (i didn't get a tune after doing the swap) although you'll get more out of your motor if you do ago ahead and get it tuned with the cams.

96StangGT

Reaction score
i did the whole swap and the 270s i needed a tune b/c my car hesitated...i mean i guess you could drive it w.o but i wouldnt....

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
the car is daily driven and since Akron Horsepower closed, I don't know where to go anymore. I just wanted to know if I could make it a couple weeks or so. until I can find a place in ohio that can tune it for me.

blown98gt

Reaction score
for something as simple as PI heads and 270cams just do a mail order tune. that is the easiest way, i'm pretty sure that you don't have anything else that would cause an issue with a mail order tune... well inless you plan on using that nitrous kit then i'd say get it dyno tuned. other than that just get a mail order tune, your mods aren't enough to make it so that a mail order tune would be hard.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
since your a 5sp you could probably get by for awhile. If you were a auto you would be stalling a lot. I'd get it done asap but i drove with 262ah's for about a week and a auto so it can be done.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my friend did a PI swap (all pieces) and didnt get a tune... got a mail order tune and it added 1 full second onto his E.T.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online