Would I still be under 400HP?

97woodward

Reaction score
Just wondering if what Im planning for this July would exceed 400rwhp. Heres my plans along with stuff I already have, I dont think that this will quite make it, but Im wondering what else is necessary to break that mark. Ive rode in a 400hp Mustang and its exactly what i would like. Let me know what other modifications would be necessary in order to get there.

MY CURRENT MODS
4.10s (Ford Racing)
93 Octane SCT Full Dyno Tune
BBK CAI
Borla O/R X-Pipe with Flowmaster mufflers
PI CAMS (installing soon)
PI Intake Manifold Kit (livernois, installing soon)

Plans for late Summer
Vortech S-trim ( used)
Procharger Kit (used) not sure if I will be able to get a intercooler,depends on whats available
Full Dyno Tune

I wont be able to afford PI heads or getting my NPI heads ported, but in the future I plan on it. Is replacing or porting my heads the most cost effective way to get to that 400rwhp mark?

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Buy a used pi motor for the lower compression ratio with low miles and put an intercooled supercharger on it with a dyno tune longtubes and full bolt ons and you should easily have 400 rwhp.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
97woodward said:
I wont be able to afford PI heads or getting my NPI heads ported, but in the future I plan on it. Is replacing or porting my heads the most cost effective way to get to that 400rwhp mark?

Yes

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
Once I installed the Vortech or Procharger what would create the most power at the lowest price? should I look into intercooling options or just begin saving for the PI heads for to get mine ported?

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Look, I don't think its a good idea to put boost on your pi intake because it wasn't designed to fit those non pi heads. The boost will probably blow out that rtv used to make it fit. You'd be better off going back to your stock intake if you're gonna throw a centrifugal on it. If you want a lot of power you HAVE to boost it or spray it. The most rwhp you're gonna make with ported heads is probably 330 and there will be driveability issues.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bluesn95 said:
Look, I don't think its a good idea to put boost on your pi intake because it wasn't designed to fit those non pi heads. The boost will probably blow out that rtv used to make it fit. You'd be better off going back to your stock intake if you're gonna throw a centrifugal on it. If you want a lot of power you HAVE to boost it or spray it. The most rwhp you're gonna make with ported heads is probably 330 and there will be driveability issues.

thats not true..keep the pi intake and make like 30 more whp

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The RTV seals water ports at the front and rear, not intake air ports :thumb:

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
The RTV seals water ports at the front and rear, not intake air ports :thumb:

yea...there will be absolutely no problems running a pi intake with a blower.

S

scarface

Bluesn95 said:
Your entire post is full of misinformation. The only truth is the boost or spray.

1. Boost doesn't pressurize the coolant, and the RTV is ONLY on the coolant ports.
2. with my stock 97 npi, and JUST a paxton novi 1k @ 8psi I made 361 HP
3. It drove like stock.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
O ok I guess you're right, its just not what I heard and I based my info on what I was told. That makes sense.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Scarface said:
Bluesn95 said:
Your entire post is full of misinformation. The only truth is the boost or spray.

1. Boost doesn't pressurize the coolant, and the RTV is ONLY on the coolant ports.
3. It drove like stock.

wow..you made 361 hp at the wheels with 8 psi on a stock npi?

not even a pi intake?

S

scarface

justinschmidt1 said:
Scarface said:
Bluesn95 said:

3. It drove like stock.

wow..you made 361 hp at the wheels with 8 psi on a stock npi?

not even a pi intake?
oops you got me on that one.. I did have the PI intake, and full exhaust at that point :thumb:

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
thanks for the replys. I bought the Livernois PI Intake Manifold Kit anyway so RTV isnt even involved. When i get the Vortech or Procharger what would be a good safe level of boost to run? Also once the blower is installed should I look into gettting an intercooler or should I wait and get my heads ported?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You don't ever need an intercooler. You'll poop rods out before you run enough boost to need to be intercooled.

10 psi is about it for safe.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Bluesn95 said:
Buy a used pi motor for the lower compression ratio with low miles and put an intercooled supercharger on it with a dyno tune longtubes and full bolt ons and you should easily have 400 rwhp.

if i'm wrong someone can correct me but PI motors don't have lower compression than NPI motors...

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
Bluesn95 said:

if i'm wrong someone can correct me but PI motors don't have lower compression than NPI motors...

I think he was comparing a pi motor to a pi swapped npi.

pi swapped npi > pi > npi

in compression ratio

I dont think any boost is safe really...my friend blew his at 11 psi with a KB.

8-10 with a good tune is probably considered safe

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
my96gtstang said:
Bluesn95 said:

I think he was comparing a pi motor to a pi swapped npi.

pi swapped npi > pi > npi

in compression ratio

I dont think any boost is safe really...my friend blew his at 11 psi with a KB.

8-10 with a good tune is probably considered safe
oh ok, i was about to say....
screw PI heads. stay with NPI heads and pi intake and put the blower on
with the pi cams you will make VERY close if not over 400 but you might want to say bye bye to the bottom end

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online