Would it be fakin'...?

SonicStang

Reaction score
What if a GT owner who has a cobra bumper, cobra hood and quite more power than a stock cobra has puts a cobra rear bumper and cobra emblems on his GT? Would that be a stupid fake cobra or would it be a good idea that finalizes the cobra look? What do you guys think about that?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i'm going to have to go fake but a good one here. people who put cobra badging and whatnots on a GT when they are putting out GT numbers are just :eek:utofcloset: but since you said he is putting out better numbers than a cobra, that makes it a little more justifiable in my opinion. FAKE, but a good one :thumb:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
i'm going to have to go fake but a good one here. people who put cobra badging and whatnots on a GT when they are putting out GT numbers are just :eek:utofcloset: but since you said he is putting out better numbers than a cobra, that makes it a little more justifiable in my opinion. FAKE, but a good one :thumb:

Fake, but good. Well put.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If its not a Cobra then don't put Cobra badges on it...that to me cheapens the exclusivity of the real Cobras....no matter how much power it puts out.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
If its not a Cobra then don't put Cobra badges on it...that to me cheapens the exclusivity of the real Cobras....no matter how much power it puts out.

+1

just b/c i happen to fall into that description in the 100% positive, there is NO WAY i would put cobra badges and rear bumper on the car. Its still a GT and will always be a GT. NOW if it had a complete cobra swap (gauges, trans, motor, etc). then that would be "ok" IMO

i've had many people tell me i'm a faker b/c i've got the cobra headlights, foglights, front bumper and hood.. then i'm like.. uhh.. no, if i was a faker i'd have the rear bumper and badges too...

ck5.0

Reaction score
I plan on putting on a Cobra front bumper and hood becuase I think they look the best. I will not put cobra badges, or rear bumper on it though. It is faking. My brother who has owned two cobras, a 97 and an 03. I think he would kill me if I put cobra badges and faked that I had a cobra

94Vert

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
If its not a Cobra then don't put Cobra badges on it

+2

Have some pride in your GT. Gt's are still worth something and should be cherished.

badass98svt

Reaction score
That's a no-no Daffy.
You should be proud that your GT can ctomp a Cobra.
Wear those GT badges proudly broseph.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
badass98svt said:
That's a no-no Daffy.
You should be proud that your GT can ctomp a Cobra.
Wear those GT badges proudly broseph.

i was about to say the same.. i would keep it like you have it and still showoff yours as being a gt.. it would be way better when that cobra in the next lane knows that he got spanked by a GT..

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
why would you even wanna put cobra badges on it...with GT badges, people expect less.. its perfect.

and even if you dont have the power to back it up, misbadging is a :nonono:...unless it comes with SVT stuff from the factory, then its not a cobra.

ripper

Reaction score
No matter what you put on the outside its still a 2v inside. Put whatever the fuck you want on your car dude its your car.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Well it's your car man,do what you like.....IMO,swapping over to a cobra rear is a waste of money because they both look the same,except one has more letters.lol I was never a big fan of emblems of any sort,so I always shaved them...looks better to me. I agree with the others,be proud of your GT,and the knowledge that you're faster than a cobra....don't be a poser :eek:utofcloset: ;D

To me,it's kind of like putting on a saleen body kit and putting on some generic number on the front fender to make it look like it's a real one :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:

:boink: :boink:

TheBab

Reaction score
Even with a Cobra motor/interior/drivetrain/etc/etc it's still not a Cobra... so it'd be lame sauce. :D

Represent y0 GT :)

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
Thanks guys you convinced me NOT to do it. I am now thinking of getting the V6 running ponies for the fenders and a v6 rear bumper that just says "Mustang"...

badass98svt

Reaction score
Just put a Taurus badge on the decklid and call it a day.

94Vert

Reaction score
SonicStang said:
Thanks guys you convinced me NOT to do it. I am now thinking of getting the V6 running ponies for the fenders and a v6 rear bumper that just says "Mustang"...

Did something happen to your gt bumper? The v6 badges don't look to bad but I would keep my gt badges. If I were going to change something I would get some 302 emblems

GDawg

Reaction score
Cobra styling is fine. Just so the badging doesn't indicate a car that it is not. I'm going to do Saleen ground effects but there will be no decals or anything else saying Saleen.

There's a girl on StangNet that has a Faleen and she put the Saleen decals on her GT and so forth and she got slammed hard for that.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
GDawg said:
Cobra styling is fine. Just so the badging doesn't indicate a car that it is not. I'm going to do Saleen ground effects but there will be no decals or anything else saying Saleen.

There's a girl on StangNet that has a Faleen and she put the Saleen decals on her GT and so forth and she got slammed hard for that.

link to thread? ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online