Yeah so i ran into some trouble on my intake install

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
i had everything off and i'm clueless on how to pull the fuel lines and rails off. i guess i should have did more research first. but i didn't so i just put everythign back together today.

and how did you guys get the egr out of the way? i just kept getting confused so i just quit and put everything back together and now i feel like a piece of shit.

Reaction score
hey man, you ae comendable, you dug into it on your own and didnt want your hand held. the fuels rails, your gonna need to go buy some clips that release the line fom the rail. i cant recall what exactley they are called but if you tell them what you need at an auto parts store they should know. the egr, just pull it gently out of your way, no need to take it off. it has som give to it.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You unbolted the rails right? After that you can pop the injectors up and out, or pull the rails off the injectors.

It's on there pretty tight, so you have to kind of pry at it. Release the injector harness, then you can twist the rails over to the passenger side, the hose is flexible, so it's not a problem, just don't go crazy.

As for the EGR, that fitting threads out (I'm going off a 10 month old memory here), on the line, it's a big fitting. Then the tube kinda needs to be bent a little bit.

Lemme know if that wasn't clear or anything, you can also hit me up on Yahoo IM or whatever if you need to.

Reaction score
i think he means gettin the fuel lines off the rail Jr. not sure but i think thats what hes talkin about. and yea i forgot, like Jr said, its a huge nut that threads out, then you can bend the egr out of the way(dont bend too much)

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You don't have to pull the lines, you can just set the whole rail assembly off to the side once you get down to it.

Be carefule if you leave the injectors in the intake, since the tips will be poking out, and you could break them off.

Reaction score
i had the plastic clips to undo the lines, made it a little easier to me, heres some pics of the stuff me and Jr are talk bout(these are reference pics from my PI intake swap)

fuel line were the clip goes(if u decide to undo the lines)
mustangs005.jpg

egr nut me and Jr are talkin bout
mustangs004.jpg

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah that fitting get's like baked on, so it takes some grunting to get it unthreaded. Then the tube will get bent a bit taking it out.

Reaction score
my swap actually went fairly easy, however i didnt wait long enough for the RTV to seal, so know i have a small leak :nonono: but im prolly gonna fix that this weekend while im doing the spring,shocks,struts, and CC plates

GDawg

Reaction score
Don't try to remove the EGR tube. Remove the alternator and pull the intake out toward the front of the car and reinstall from the front into position clearing the EGR tube and then reinstall the alternator. Do not bend the tube.

You need "fuel line" removal tools to open the fuel line locks. They work on your fuel filter too. $8 at autozone.

Reaction score
we dont mean to bend the hell out of the tube we just mean when your pullin the inake out(we assumed he already took the alt out) that you can pull the tube a little to get more clearance. just want to clear that up, lol.

humjaba

Reaction score
Yeah you need fuel line disconnect tool to get that undone. Use some wd40 on that EGR tube. We didn't bend it- just set it back a bit and pulled the intake out the front. Took about 5 hours with a 1 hour lunch break.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't remove my alternator, ever, until I swapped it to the new motor. And I never unhooked my fuel lines either.

I know the tool is 8 dollar's, but 0 dollar's is still cheaper.

Reaction score
dad used to be a deisel mech, so the tool was free...lmao. i got any tool you could need to do the work, i just have to work under a shed on a tarp thats on top of dirt in my backyard...lol

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Last time I had my intake off I was at my cousins house in Michigan, so I learned alot about improvising, lol.

You can loosen the bolts and tilt the alternator forward enough to clear. And no, I didn't mean bend the EGR like 90 degrees, but it can't come striaght foward to come off, it has to come up. Well actually it has to go down, since you don't want to disturb the gasket's or silicone work.

Reaction score
listen closely when anyone says anything about the silicone(RVT) i didnt listen and didnt let it harden...now im gonna unbolt it while doin the suspension and fix the RTV

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
you guys are such a help.. on the next nice day down here i'll take it on again.. texas weather.... :TY:

Whistler98

Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
listen closely when anyone says anything about the silicone(RVT) i didnt listen and didnt let it harden...now im gonna unbolt it while doin the suspension and fix the RTV

How do you know yours is leaking? Coolant leaking?

Reaction score
yup, the back coolent port seeps coolant out. plus cause i have to top off the fluid every couple of weeks, lol. ive felt back where the port is and its always damp

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't remove either the EGR or the fuel rails. I just unbolted the alternator...it is only like 3 bolts really easy to do. Takes a little finessing to get the intake in/out but that worked for me.

humjaba

Reaction score
I was just worried about moving the intake gaskets (since you have to break the placement clips off) when I slid it in there, so I was extra careful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online