Best CC plates?

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I wanted the Griggs CC plates. But due to money. I just bought the MM CC plates. The among almost everything else MM makes is the best deal on the market for suspension.. MM works wonders..

So much so they convinced me to spend more money the other day

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I put them on, easy as pie. I went to get aligned right after, and they didn't even have to adjust the camber. I'm such a boss.

Slykin

Reaction score
I've had a "that looks about right" alignment on my car for months haha.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Well two new edges came into the shop, one with max motorsports cc plates and one with upr 4 bolt plates and they both leave with perfect camber/toe with a tiny bit of possitive caster so they both did there job. Id be more likely to buy the upr cc plates while considering quality and price of upr... Not hating on MM cuz there gangster although a bit more costly to so the same job.

OP
OP
S

silverv6

Reaction score
I put them on, easy as pie. I went to get aligned right after, and they didn't even have to adjust the camber. I'm such a boss.

Thats because we are champions =P we aligned it in your driveway like bosses.

Well two new edges came into the shop, one with max motorsports cc plates and one with upr 4 bolt plates and they both leave with perfect camber/toe with a tiny bit of possitive caster so they both did there job. Id be more likely to buy the upr cc plates while considering quality and price of upr... Not hating on MM cuz there gangster although a bit more costly to so the same job.

Well i helped jeremy put his on and they were pretty easy so i am most likely going to get those within the next week or so as long as i can get an alignment it works =]

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like my tires too much and hate buying new ones. When I get mine on it will be in the shop that afternoon.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I love my MM C/C plates. They really made the car handle quite nice along with the steeda bumpsteer kit. I actually want to get 03 Cobra LCA's with steeda ball joints to seal the deal on the front end for handling sake. I know the 03 Cobra LCA's keeps the ride height on 96+ cars because of spindle, but on the 94/95 cars they bump up the ride height for them. I also heard that the 03 arms give tighter turning radius as well.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I love my MM C/C plates. They really made the car handle quite nice along with the steeda bumpsteer kit. I actually want to get 03 Cobra LCA's with steeda ball joints to seal the deal on the front end for handling sake. I know the 03 Cobra LCA's keeps the ride height on 96+ cars because of spindle, but on the 94/95 cars they bump up the ride height for them. I also heard that the 03 arms give tighter turning radius as well.

^^ +1 to this.. When im done rebuilding in a few months(parts already bought and on the way). That will be my setup on my 96 cobra. MM CC plates, MM bumpsteer kit, Poly Isos/other bushings, 03 cobra A-arms, steeda x2 balljoints, Koni yellows, and H&R Race springs, annnddd MM XL Subframes for good measure.
-But you are correct as far as turning radius and better handling as far as 03 cobra LCAs go. But according to MM, bumpsteer is not exactly a bolt on part(that just bolts on and does what it needs to do) and is quite annoying to try and measure/properly adjust. So we shall see what comes of that part of it.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
^^ +1 to this.. When im done rebuilding in a few months(parts already bought and on the way). That will be my setup on my 96 cobra. MM CC plates, MM bumpsteer kit, Poly Isos/other bushings, 03 cobra A-arms, steeda x2 balljoints, Koni yellows, and H&R Race springs, annnddd MM XL Subframes for good measure.
-But you are correct as far as turning radius and better handling as far as 03 cobra LCAs go. But according to MM, bumpsteer is not exactly a bolt on part(that just bolts on and does what it needs to do) and is quite annoying to try and measure/properly adjust. So we shall see what comes of that part of it.

When I installed my bumpsteer kit, this was purely a guessing game on how much spacers should divided that connects to the inner tie rod piece. And you know whats funny, just from eyeing it up, and guessing I got it on perfectly. How I know I did this correctly is when I jacked up the car from the stock subframe the bumpsteer kit was parallel with the LCA off the ground with the tire in the air. And when I drive it on the street the wheel doesn't wander every where but stays straight over horrible bumps.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
I picked up a brand new set of Steeda 4-bolts for just about half price a few years back. they've been on 3 cars and have seen about 50k miles of combined use n Shitty NYC/NJ roads. No issues and they're rock solid.

I'd say they're as good as the MM ones so either way you go would be awesome, MM or Steeda.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score

How much are the UPRS?

I got MM4 bolts for 190 shipped from AM.

I didnt realize how awesome the MMs were untill I bought them...

I was extremely impressed by the quality of them to be honest and im not some MM fanboy.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didnt realize how awesome the MMs were untill I bought them...

I was extremely impressed by the quality of them to be honest and im not some MM fanboy.

This is very true. It doesn't take buying many MM parts to realize the quality of their stuff is why it's more expensive. Their CC plates though are like the same as everyone else's, unless you opt for the chrome version.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
My car had J&M ones on it and the rattled and banged around over bumps and were soooo f*cking annoying and made my car sounds like a POS when you rode in it. Put stockers in and got it pretty close to spec on the aligner at work, advantage is I can just remount the tires and swap sides when they start to camber wear :p.

OP
OP
S

silverv6

Reaction score
^ haha my front tires are Hella flush though =P ill take a pic of my camber its VW level.. MM CC plates ordered and will be here by monday =]]

gopher_6_9

Reaction score
It really isn't bad. It wasn't my first time, but with an impact and hauling ass it can be easily done in an hour if that is all you are doing, it took me a little less than 3 but I changed front and rear springs and crap as well, and we stood around bullshiting part of that time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.