Best CC plates?

OP
OP
S

silverv6

Reaction score
It really isn't bad. It wasn't my first time, but with an impact and hauling ass it can be easily done in an hour if that is all you are doing, it took me a little less than 3 but I changed front and rear springs and crap as well, and we stood around bullshiting part of that time.

yeah i know just doing the plates them selves

robb15033

Reaction score
My parts & pieces have been working flawlessly for a while now & I can recommend all of the parts I chose. The ride is soft and comfortable. completely noise free all the time. Turning and braking is fantastic. The comment I wanted to make was regarding the bump steer kit, and then getting it aligned correctly after installation- I highly recommend just taking the car directly to your Mustang shop who has the alignment boards to get it done. It took the suspension shop and myself an entire day to get the car laser aligned perfectly. But after all the effort, I have the tires warrantied for the tire manufacturer miles spec'ed.
I used:
MM caster camber plates
KYB struts/shocks
FRPP B springs
MM bumpsteer kit
Steeda X2 balljoints

Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates gave me more than enough to get it aligned perfectly.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Anything Team Z makes is awesome. The MM Plates will cause noise when used with Strange struts just an FYI. I do have strange struts and MM plates though and I have not really noticed to much noise although there is a little. Griggs, Steeda, Team Z and MM are all great sources for CC plates cant go wrong with any of them. Just be sure to get the 4 bolts. Stay away from UPR all they do is rip off other companies designs, they are a billet interior company not a suspension company.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
The 4 bolt ones are just soo much better.

They are stronger and I thought they even provided more adjustability?

RichV

Reaction score
I would definitely use 4 bolt for coil overs, although there is a debate whether the shock towers can take the loads of coil overs. They are not designed for it. The 4 bolts are better all around, even without coil overs. It helps to distribute the weight/loads of the suspension to the tower better.

Gallows

Reaction score
I would definitely use 4 bolt for coil overs, although there is a debate whether the shock towers can take the loads of coil overs. They are not designed for it. The 4 bolts are better all around, even without coil overs. It helps to distribute the weight/loads of the suspension to the tower better.

That makes sense. 25% per bolt v.s. 33-1/3%

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
That makes sense. 25% per bolt v.s. 33-1/3%

I think the actual design of the 4 bolt plates helps as well.

I know my MM 4 bolt plates just feel so much more solid( and I believe they are) than the 3 bolt steeda ones I had on the car before and the 4 bolt style is like 2 stacked plates where as the steeda 3 bolts were basically a single plate.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
from what I read strange makes the inner part of the strut undersized for some stupid reason which leads me to believe they'd make noise in any camber plate.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Not sure about that but there is a disclaimer that if used with Strange struts they can make noise. Still work fine, look fine and function just as well but for some reason with the strange struts they make more noise. If I was looking for CC Plates now and not bought them when I did I would have bought the Team Z plates.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
"The stock upper strut mount configuration of 1994-04 Mustangs places the strut shaft outside of the triangle formed by the three original mounting bolts. A 3-bolt main plate will overload the rear bolt and may bend the strut tower. Our 4-bolt mounting to the strut tower places the strut shaft inside the square formed by the four mounting bolts. This evenly distributes the suspension loads into the strut tower."

Here ya go... ^ For MM 4 bolts.

Btw Griggs is 3 bolt.. They pretty much mastered the design so it doesnt react the same as other 3 bolts... So it is just as good(if not better with their other suspension parts) as everything else out there.. I would have bought them.. But Im rebuilding under budget.. so MM it is.. But, cant go wrong with MM anyways so woo!

RichV

Reaction score
I think the background color of your text is dark or the same as the background color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online