drag radials??

Inspector13

Reaction score
On my friends car all it was was a .10 difference. This is the same day, same track, same size tire, about an hour or so between passes (he borrowed another buddies tires for a pass to try them out). My friends car has a killer suspension setup just for drag racing and the whole car is setup for drag raceing (no backseat, no sway bars, no PS, no AC, cage, battery/fuel cell in trunk, etc). So it didn't make a whole lot of difference on his car. He was hooking good either way.

Now on my car (significantly slower then my friends and I'm on a stock suspension with Eibach Sportline springs) MT's would make a world of difference. I may pick up .4 or .5 over the 555R's, maybe even more.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
duff daddy said:
you dump that high and still only cut a 1.7.... humm

big difference between a 1.799 and a 1.708. How many pass's have you made on slicks? How many pass's have I made on slicks? Considering Im right there within in .0048 of your 60' and 0.05 of your best time to date with only 2 solid pass's all year on the slicks and 400 more lbs of weight I wouldn't be talking to much

SVTurbo 98

Reaction score
I currently have bfg dr's and don't have anything bad to say about them. I've had nitto dr's in the past and they were ok on the street and horrible on the track. I've had et street radials and they hooked very well on and off the track but didn't last very long. I've also driven an 04 cobra with hoosier dr's and they hooked great on the street. I'm not sure how they would do on the track but the tire was very soft like the mt's so i imagine they would do good.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
duff daddy said:
lol icould respond with my typical but no use hahhaha

your typical is that I have 70 more cubes but what you always fail to adknowledge is that you weigh 400lbs less which either gives you an advantage or pretty much evens us out. I have 34 more rwhp then you I think that pretty much evens out a 400lb weight advantage.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
it si but for 70 cubes only 34 hp stucks :) im kidding lol weneed to hook up again now that i got a truck ahaha

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
duff daddy said:
it si but for 70 cubes only 34 hp stucks :) im kidding lol weneed to hook up again now that i got a truck ahaha

It does suck b/c something is screwed up w/ my combo I should be pulling at least 380. Still not decided on what exactly Im going to do yet but something is getting done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online