How to measure to know if my rims will work with this upgrade?

maillemaker

Reaction score
This looks like a pretty easy upgrade.

How can I measure my rims to know if they will work with it?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well the only way to know for sure is to install them and then the wheel, but knowing the size of the wheel and the offset might help

badass98svt

Reaction score

Hmmm, those LOOK like they would have enough clearance behind the spokes.
This thread should help you out a bit.

95opal

Reaction score
I always use a straight edge and tape measure.
This guide will help you get all measurements you need to know.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Going to depend highly on the shape of the spokes, vs strictly by offset numbers.

1998 Cobra wheels clear by a mile and those are 17x8 +30. However, the same 17x8 +30 Bullitt wheels will not clear at all without a lot of spacers. Same wheel specs, but it comes down to wheel design.

My 18x9 Cosmis XT-005R's +35 did not clear without a spacer.

A template would really help. I almost made one when i was knee-deep in that above linked thread.

EDIT: something like this

Last edited:

95opal

Reaction score
Going to depend highly on the shape of the spokes, vs strictly by offset numbers.

1998 Cobra wheels clear by a mile and those are 17x8 +30. However, the same 17x8 +30 Bullitt wheels will not clear at all without a lot of spacers. Same wheel specs, but it comes down to wheel design.

My 18x9 Cosmis XT-005R's +35 did not clear without a spacer.

A template would really help. I almost made one when i was knee-deep in that above linked thread.

This is why you measure brake protrusion. The link i provided gives you every needed measurement to verify fit. Its not rocket science. Proper measurements and youll know within minutes.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
This is why you measure brake protrusion. The link i provided gives you every needed measurement to verify fit. Its not rocket science. Proper measurements and youll know within minutes.

But OP doesn't have the calipers installed, so really can't measure directly. He would need someone to do it for him and give him dimensions to check against his rims

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online