Looking at Tubular K Memebers/Coilovers

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Ok, I run a UPR kmember on the car in the following picture, and in my vert, and in probably 70% of the customer cars I sell and install Kmembers into. I think this photo speaks for the durability and the welds. Weld strength isn't in their 'beauty', its in the penetration. You can't buy a chrome moly Kmember for the money with that quality. QA1's are junk, grinding that bolt down till half the head is gone to get the rear A arm bolt to go in. BS. Granatelli, find out who they are made by because Granatelli doesn't make squat, he labels and marks up, then resells everyone elses products, check into it and you'll see. I think the UPR that survived this hit says volumes about their quality and strength.
464ac4e1ba9f6ac.jpg

I was up on the bumper, no wheels touching the ground and came straight down onto the K member, didn't do any damage to the K or coil overs, or A arms.

OP
OP

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
NICE!

So my next question is I think im going with the 14" 175 LB springs....supposed to be a good combo for street strip?
Struts will be lakewood 70/30's

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Im not saying all upr stuff is but they had some issues just as the new qa1's are junk.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
U think I'm a dictator?
wow, you must not frequent other forums. lol.

OP
OP

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
U think I'm a dictator?
wow, you must not frequent other forums. lol.
I was being sarcastic...sorry hard to be silly over the internet ;P

NXcoupe

Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
NICE!

So my next question is I think im going with the 14" 175 LB springs....supposed to be a good combo for street strip?
Struts will be lakewood 70/30's
yeah, well, It's a toss up between the 175's and the 150's. If you are serious about getting your et's down and are going to continue to race and try and best yourself, then the 150's are the only choice. If you are looking for ride comfort and are only going to the track a few times a season, then the 175's are the shiznet. The 150's give you a lot more weight transfer and you have to really crank them up to get ride height, so they are sitting there coiled to push the front end up and transfer weight to the back. My car runs 130's, and my vert has 150's on it. Foxes are always about 20 less than the SN's due to the weight.
Thanks Dalamar! lol, thanks guys.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
just a side note....
150 and 14" on a teamz kmember on a mach 1 ... any thing you hit in the road.....will bottom out I rode in the car and it sounds terrible.

I have both 12" 150's and 14" 175's the 175s are on the lake wood's right now and prob will stay there until i see how the car reacts for the first 15-20 passes once its done.

So if your gonna street drive like Mike said... go 175 and never look back.... unless you be hard core ....are you hard core?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

NERD

Reaction score
Back to Granatelli: I've driven the heck out of the 03 without fail the welds are supurb and although I didn't have a ultrasound thinggy to measure depth and penetration, I have been a certified welder and I can spot bad welds. (well at least as well as anyone else trained in welding can)

If I thought it was bad or unsafe, I would not have installed this on my wifes 03. I don't know about the quality of their previous K members but this one, (The newest version with the gray PC) is up to my standards. When my wifes life and safety is on the line I don't take chances.

TeamZ and MM are both outstanding K-members and I don't have any complaints about either of them.

4.698gt

Reaction score
I got a PA racing K member and a arms. Everything has been going great for the last 6 months,

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I was going to go w/ a QA1 but after reading this I suppose not. Anymore info on the Team Z duff or anyone? Their price is really good and I dont want to bust the bank on MM. Hows the weight on a Team Z compared to the others and any issues running any brand of coil over kits with them? I have a set of MM CC plates that need to go on too.

NERD

Reaction score
The TeamZ was about 3lbs lighter than the Granatelli. (but IDR what the weight of the G was so I guess that doesn't help much, lol.)

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I was looking around on the Team Z site and their prices are really good for a quailty product. I was going to go with MM but the prices on their stuff is just so high.

NERD

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
I was looking around on the Team Z site and their prices are really good for a quailty product. I was going to go with MM but the prices on their stuff is just so high.

good products but just like any big name, you start to pay for the name and reputation. Good and bad i guess

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online