Painting the center console...

Reaction score
So i like all the rest hate my 97 console for the cup holders and NEED to swap. there is an 01 in my junk yard but its a tan color. mine is grey. any one know of the best dye/paint to match the grey color of the 94-98's?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
[MENTION=11417]det_riot[/MENTION] had a how to on it ill see if I can find it

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

chris91

Reaction score
SEM paint is by far the best there is. You can find it at your automotive paint stores. Just make sure you clean the F**K outta it too.

Randy

Reaction score
I've never painted or dyed any interior parts. Does it last and is it durable ? And will it work say painting red over black for instance . for sure more coats, but I'm not familiar with this process..

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
i've heard that lmr's dye's do not match. correct me if im wrong ( i probably am)

chris91

Reaction score
I've heard that too. SEM matched mine perfectly. Didn't realize you're in Ohio, you can get SEM products at Smyth or KOI.

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
never heard of either one of those places ha. where abouts are they located?

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
thanks guys, i was just offered a 98 console for $40 is that a good deal? its missing the cup holder but none of the clips are broken. I've heard that the 01+ consoles are better and the 98 one is black which i assume is harder to paint than tan. just more coats i would imagen but still is $40 a good deal for a console?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks guys, i was just offered a 98 console for $40 is that a good deal? its missing the cup holder but none of the clips are broken. I've heard that the 01+ consoles are better and the 98 one is black which i assume is harder to paint than tan. just more coats i would imagen but still is $40 a good deal for a console?

If it's missing the cup holder then IMO pass on it.
Go to your local salvage yard, find a 98 with the cup holder, remove just the cup holder portion, modify your existing console for the cup holder. No painting needed.

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
If it's missing the cup holder then IMO pass on it.
Go to your local salvage yard, find a 98 with the cup holder, remove just the cup holder portion, modify your existing console for the cup holder. No painting needed.

but i heard the 98-00 center console isn't worth the swap.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
the 98 console is exactly like the one you have now only the cup holders is where the ashtray is.

The cup holders are not really fuctional on any of them. Although the new edge might be placed a little better, it's still going to be a PITA to shift if anything bigger than a 12oz can is in them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online