Swords Evolution

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Finally finished with the wheels. Rear 1/2" spacers arrived today and I was able to torque everything down. Took it for a test drive to check for rubbing or vibrations. All good. I forgot to add that in the front the 1/2" wasn't enough to clear the brakes after all. It needed just a tiny bit more. A pair of 1/8" spacers added to the 1/2" did the trick. Here it is all buttoned up.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Sick man, completely changes the whole car. I was thinking of going a similar route only black or chrome, this makes me want to even more. Looks absolutely bad ass.

cameron57

Reaction score
That a boss wing? They look way better in person!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I was given a set of solid motor mounts for free which I actually wanted. I currently had the Energy Suspension poly mounts but the problem was that the L/T headers get so hot that it started melting away some sections of the poly. I was afraid it be a matter of time before they'd fail so these solids were a pleasant welcome. I do now notice more vibration from the engine but it's acceptable.

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
​Heat shielding here and there

At my last track event the heat coming off the headers was hot enough to melt the plastic on my clutch cable causing the metal tube inside to pop out. I was able to get it home. I decided to just replace it and this time add a heat shield sleeve to help protect it.

​While I was at this heat shielding deal I also bought a sheet of that gold stuff just for that racey look and wrapped my intake tube.

I'm really considering wrapping my intake too. I think I can get it to look nice and smooth. If I can I'll go for it. If it looks like crap I'll scrap the idea.

wmfateam

Reaction score
93665488af5888ce9deeba254d8ebada.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That gold heat wrap is some pricey stuff huh. I managed to do my intake and throttle body/plenum and ran out. Can't imagine having a 5.0 and doing a whole manifold lol

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
That gold heat wrap is some pricey stuff huh. I managed to do my intake and throttle body/plenum and ran out. Can't imagine having a 5.0 and doing a whole manifold lol

You aint lying. After seeing the local prices I ordered it from overseas. Wasn't in a hurry to get it so it was worth it. I have a good amount left. I'll order another sheet and try for the intake.

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I had a post in the road racing section about an event a few months back. Long story short I wrecked the car. Drove it back home. Did the body work myself. Sent it out to paint and now it's back. Here's it is the day of the wreck if you missed it.

I decided to give it a go and do the body work myself to try and save money. Went to the junk yard and got a fender. Bought new headlights, side markers and a header panel.

I also grabbed a bumper support from the yards to replace mine since it took a good hit on the driver side and was bent back but once I figured it would be more of a pita removing the old one and rewelding the towhook, I just cut off the bent portion. And that's the way it stays.

Here it is after my "body work" was done. I also reworked the chin spoiler but painted that myself since it was small.

Here it is ready to rock again. My guy decided to paint the entire door and hood so that was a plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online