trunk lid question ?

xs man 27

Reaction score
i have a 95 gt convertible, i m looking for a used trunk lid that has no spoiler holes , would any trunk lid for a 94-98 mustang work w my convertible ? or would i need to find a trunk lid specifically for a 95 gt convertible ? thanks

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
im fairly certain theyre all the same but not 100% on that. you could always try doing a google search. more times than not thats how i figure things like that out

sn95jones

Reaction score
i have a 95 gt convertible, i m looking for a used trunk lid that has no spoiler holes , would any trunk lid for a 94-98 mustang work w my convertible ? or would i need to find a trunk lid specifically for a 95 gt convertible ? thanks

Body never changed from 94-98.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pretty sure they came from the factory with no spoiler but the dealer could add one or of course by now anyone could that thrown it on there.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my v6 had a spoiler... but i dont know if it was dealer added or not.... had custom paint, so it coulda been thrown on.

Anyways, the trunk is the same.

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thanks guy now to try to find a trunk lid w no holes for sale local.....

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if you're trying to avoid paint, it may take such a long time to find one with no spoiler, no holes, matching paint, in good condition that you were just better off filling yours and having it painted.

in the mean time, you can take your spoiler off, put in interior plastic push pins with RTV on the bottom to seal them up.

obviously the real lame way to go spoilerless, but its an option.

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm glad I found it because this answered my question. I want to put an APR carbon fiber wing on the back of my Cobra R, but the '94/'95 Cobras use a unique spoiler and mounting bolt pattern that APR does not support. I had been looking for an inexpensive '94 to '98 GT or '96 to '98 Cobra trunk lid I can paint and mount the new wing to. It just so happens I found a really inexpensive '96 GT convertible trunk lid but wasn't sure of the fit on my hardtop.
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on that because the new APR wing is already on its way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online