Watts Link

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
The links are so easily adjustable it could easily be done if I just had the use of a jack. I haven't been out to the track, although I really want to get to an HPDE event sometime relatively soon. I think that the driver is the only thing that hasn't been modded enough yet. :p

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
I just adjusted the watts, and pictures should be on their way very soon.

Anyone who wants to know about the install, feel free to ask anything. I did do a kind of "hybrid" on how I installed the Cradle, since I couldn't get a drill where it needed to go on the passenger side, so I got it welded on the inner framerail side, and bolted on the outer for now. I think I will eventually get the entire cradle welded on, but for now it was more of a "oh shit I have to have this done by the morning or else I'm gonna have to walk ten miles to school" than a final installation.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Ya knoe If you ever need another passenger to test the "seat of the Pants" feeling let me know, you know where Im at

ReplicaR

Reaction score
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIS guy. Showing off his girl and sh!t.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
IMG_4795.JPG

score.... go directly to the hot girlfriend section, do not pass go.....

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIS guy. Showing off his girl and sh!t.

Hey, if you got it, flaunt it. ;) Not to mention that I am far too lazy to delete pictures and just posted them all up at once. :p

I'm fairly certain if I posted her pictures in the hot thread and she found out, I would have 0 testicals after my next blowjob... I'm on my way.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
I believe it, since that's all that would pop up when I was searching about Watts Links. The links are known to be fairly flexible though, so there are some kits for reinforced links. It is pretty funny to think that an axle locating device was on the Crown Vic so much earlier than it ever saw the Mustang with the Panhard Bar in 05.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
CV got watts in early 2000s. It used to be 4 link just like Mustang for the longest time.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Well I finally got the Watts Link oriented the way it is supposed to be, and wow what a difference. I haven't put the sway bar back on yet, because I put them on what I thought was the wrong sides first, because it hit the Watts when I went over any bumps, then I put it the other way, and the brackets were too close together, and now I'm just too lazy to get under there and do it one last time. The Watts completely removed all the slush from the rear end. I just think that having a sway bar would make it slightly more solid feeling, since the wheels won't be allowed as much independent vertical movement.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
I still can not figure out for the life of me how to get the stupid sway bar back on (It's off of a Fox, but it worked fine with my stock lca's...)

Anyway, I'm having a huge banging sound come from the rear when I go over bumps at speed especially on the freeway, and on a couple roads with major potholes. It is clearly coming from the rear, and my thought is that the arms are still not long enough to properly articulate over the more entire range of motion.

The arms are currently oriented at an upward angle (because my car isn't lowered, I'm assuming), and it seems like tech says that the watt's arms need to be parallel to the axle, and that the cradle needs to be perpendicular to the arms. Right now the cradle is perpendicular to the ground, and the arms are simply long enough to make that possible.

So question of the moment is: Should I make some measurements and put the arms to the length where they *would* be perpendicular to the cradle when they are parallel to the ground, or do I have it set up "right" since this is how my car normally is?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
How do you know that's its your watts link making the sound?

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
The only thing that has changed before to after the sound started was the watts being on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.