vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
just put these on the front of your house to redirect water,
$(KGrHqIOKj!E1sNOO5CRBNki1nt0N!~~_1.JPG

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I didn't read all the posts but if no one mentioned it, even tho your car has barely any miles I'm sure with the age and for future performance mods, to do your trans and motor mounts. My buddy had me bring my car into the Honda garage he works in (ironically he drives an 01 GT and has a **** Honda sticker under his hood lol) and we put it on a lift to put on the poly trans mount he gave me and noticed that not only was my trans mount beyond gone but my motor mounts are too. And just from replacing the trans mount the difference in shift smoothness and overall vibration is insane. My stock trans mount was so shot that it shook like crazy and I had a very difficult time shifting sometimes.

It's minor things like that, that make the biggest difference. I'd look into them if I were you, and in comparison to shocks, and control arms and such, they're fairly cheap

OP
OP
Darhawk

Darhawk

Reaction score
I didn't read all the posts but if no one mentioned it, even tho your car has barely any miles I'm sure with the age and for future performance mods, to do your trans and motor mounts. My buddy had me bring my car into the Honda garage he works in (ironically he drives an 01 GT and has a **** Honda sticker under his hood lol) and we put it on a lift to put on the poly trans mount he gave me and noticed that not only was my trans mount beyond gone but my motor mounts are too. And just from replacing the trans mount the difference in shift smoothness and overall vibration is insane. My stock trans mount was so shot that it shook like crazy and I had a very difficult time shifting sometimes.

It's minor things like that, that make the biggest difference. I'd look into them if I were you, and in comparison to shocks, and control arms and such, they're fairly cheap

Thanks for the addition info. I will have a look again, but I have had my car fully inspected and the mounts are still good. They be old like you suggested and still need a replacement for maxium strength.

RichV

Reaction score
I got a set of these bad boys.

gls-1022_w.jpg

They're the global west offset front control arm bushings. I'm trying to find a set of used control arms to install these in. Found 'em on ebay for under $100, which is a great price.

OP
OP
Darhawk

Darhawk

Reaction score
↑ Those might be a bit too hard core for my taste. I think I'll stay with what I have for now on the FCAs and then replace them later. I don't want to overkill my ride and I want to find the balance between comfort and road racer!

Slykin

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it unless you break a link. I broke one on my old vert once in a HUGE pothole, but it's not enough change to cause a wreck or anything if it does break. If the angle on them is crazy I might spring for it, but I wouldn't get them without putting the springs in first personally. I'm running pretty low on coil-overs right now and it's not an issue(stock links).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online