'02 Airbag reset

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by CodeBlu, Sep 23, 2014.

1. CodeBlu

CodeBlu New Member

'02 GT. I did a heater core swap last weekend and airbag light is solid on. Not flashing at all. Is there a reset for the '99-04? I did not find a jumper plug behind the glove box. The only info I can find is 94-98. I'm pretty positive I have everything plugged in that we unplugged. I do have 1 connector that is not plugged up that i am 99% sure was not plugged into anything, on the driver side coming from the main harness. Female Gray plug 2 wires White and Red/Blue stripe.

Yes I know how to unplug the light.....No that's not what I want to do.:rolleyes:

Thanks

Cody

2. stock

stock New Member

If everything is hooked up and in working condition, the light should go off on its own. Disconnect the battery, hold the brake pedal down for a little bit to drain the system, and reconnect it. You can always hook a scanner up, if you have access, to get a better idea of the fault. I would bet something is disconnected or a wire is pinched.

3. ttocs

ttocs Legend

4. CodeBlu

CodeBlu New Member

There should only be 3 connectors under the dash for air bags right? Pax/Driver and the air bag monitor? I made sure all were connected, checked fuse, undid battery and pushed brake but it still comes on. Guess its off to ford to get it scanned. I am almost positive that the 99-04's do not have a reset plug like in the video. Please someone correct me if I am wrong

5. MustangChris

MustangChris Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

there are three connectors behind the dash.

the airbag drivers side (i'd suggest making sure this is plugging in, as its the easiest to get to -- just two bolts on the sides of the steering wheel)
    next is the passenger side (take out the glove box -- 3 bolts, then two bolts holding the bag in. Slide out the bag.)
    finally, the trigger box is behind the shifter. simply remove the shifter-bezel and inspect that it's still attached.

in conclusion, i'd check your pedal assembly for that extra plug you've got. sounds like the clutch-engagement sensor or the brake-pedal sensor.

**DO ALL OF THIS WITH THE BATTERY UNPLUGGED. YOU DONT WANT TO GET HIT IN THE FACE WITH AN AIR-BAG!!!**

6. CodeBlu

CodeBlu New Member

I think your right about the extra plug being the clutch engage sensor plug. I did forget to mention its an automatic. I will triple check the connectors again tomorrow. I always undo the battery when messing with SRS systems lol To many funny videos of people who screw it up to not pay attention to.