S351 replica

1995vibredgt

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just bought a rust free 99 roller, it's missing some parts, let's just say that..
Also have a 95 5.0 rust bucket. I know most of the 95 interior will bolt right in so that's not an issue.
But looking at swapping the drive train from th 95(5.0 pushrod) to the 99.
Saleen did this with the s351 with a 351 pushrod. What would be needed to put the 5.0 in the 99? May even just go with a 351( stroked to 393 or 427??) There is limited info on s351 and what was used that I can find.
Thanks and appreciate the info.

joemomma

Reaction score
K member, harness, ECU for starters. Kind of just depends on how you want to go about it. If you're going to go the 351 route, you'd need the K member and something to run it with, like the Holley or MS. Then swap headers, transmission, and some other bits. There are some good builds here that can give you an idea of what all is involved.

OP
OP
1995vibredgt

1995vibredgt

Reaction score
K member, harness, ECU for starters. Kind of just depends on how you want to go about it. If you're going to go the 351 route, you'd need the K member and something to run it with, like the Holley or MS. Then swap headers, transmission, and some other bits. There are some good builds here that can give you an idea of what all is involved.
Thanks for the reply..
I believe Saleen used a 94-95 v6 or v8 k member. I have one, but was planning on using a tubular one. The only concern I'm having is the wiring. I have all the harnesses from the 95 that can utilized, but I'd like to use a mach 1 or bullit guage cluster. That is 2 totally different wiring harnesses.
I'll do some more investigating.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Technically with the K-member change, you should also change the spindles. Pushrod K-member steering rack mounts 1" higher, so the 94-95 spindles have the tie rod mount higher as well. Not doing it may give you incorrectable bumpsteer as the tie rod needs to move UP about 1" and can't.

OP
OP
1995vibredgt

1995vibredgt

Reaction score
Technically with the K-member change, you should also change the spindles. Pushrod K-member steering rack mounts 1" higher, so the 94-95 spindles have the tie rod mount higher as well. Not doing it may give you incorrectable bumpsteer as the tie rod needs to move UP about 1" and can't.
I would be using the 94-95 tubular k member with 94-95 spindles. I have all that to swap over. The 96 and up k members se the motor to far back from what I've read. The 95 is a running car, just the chassis is rusted out beyond repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConnorBlue4Mustang

Members online

No members online now.