03,04 cobra independent rear end swap

S

sn95shelby

I am into road racing and i want to buy a 1995 gt to race in and i am wondering if a 03,04 cobra independent rear will bolt onto it :dunno:

ryclef331

Reaction score
YES! It is a direct bolt in! The ONLY thing you might run into a slight issue with is the brakelines. You'll have to make your own flex lines somehow from the uni-body to drop down to each wheel. this isn't a big deal at all though.

*Drop out stock rear suspension (springs, shocks, quad shocks and brackets, upper and lower control arms, axle, unhook brake lines, ebrake cable, and ABS (if equipped) sensors). The ABS sensors are unhooked by lifting the back seat and finding the harness where it comes through the floor and unhooking it there.

*Take the stock solid axle and remove the pinion flange. You have to re-use it on the new IRS. You'll need the entire rear suspension cradle from the Cobra donor car, cobra shocks, cobra springs.

*Take the entire cradle and bolt it up! You might have to wrestle with it a bit but it WILL go in!

It took me and a friend about 10 hours total working time to swap the rear ends between two cars.

OP
OP
S

sn95shelby

Do I need a new drive shaft or will the original fit, will the abs sensors for the cobra rear plug into the original ports on th 95 and will the ebrake cable re conect as well? :( and im not quite sure what a pinion flange is :comando:

ryclef331

Reaction score
Original Driveshaft will fit (Once you swap out the pinion flanges. The flange is what the driveshaft bolts on to. Its attached to the pinion on the axle).

ABS sensors will fit

E-Brake Cables will fit (You gotta just secure them out of the way or else they rub the tires)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online