18" Black Chrome FR500's on a Black sn95?

ModStang

Reaction score
As the title states, If anyone has any pictures of a Black sn95 (can be GT, Cobra or Saleen) With 18" black chrome FR500 deep dish wheels, please share. I cant seem to find any myself... I currently have american muscle deep dish 18" chrome bullitts and 2 have PITTING after only one year, and the rears need tires too so maybe ill switch up all together!
Thanks!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
58739-blackchrome-fr500-18x9-9404.jpg

Walking Tall

Reaction score
I've heard of terrible pitting with black chrome. I was told by several people to avoid them when I was wheel shopping.

OP
OP
M

ModStang

Reaction score
Thanks TONY, Im considering a dark charcoal super snake stripe and I think they would match perfect! any complaints with pitting? where did you buy them?

Damn man I hate chrome pitting! the car spent the off season covered on a lift in a garage and they still pit! Im just not a big fan of painted wheels and I cant afford 18" Weld RTS right now!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Although they look slick as hell, black chrome will not last you.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
thats not my car however with pitting i think ya just have to know how to care for the wheels. most chrome finishes will pit if not taken care of. i can run chrome for years, lol. w/o any pitting at all. keep salt off and dont scratch is most important.

OP
OP
M

ModStang

Reaction score
the car never sees salt, They would look sick but now im worried about them pitting too. Im kinda sick of all the other wheel options plus in my opinion the wheels make a black car. like i said Ide love the 18" weld RTS but 2400 bucks!
Maybe the anthracite sve series 1? i dont know, i get so many compliments on mine but theyre played out...

ProKiller

Reaction score
if the wheels are under a year old they can be warrantied through AM. the finish is covered for a year from date of purchase.

but getting back to black chrome, i've also heard horror stories about them, but at the same time they are still being sold and at decent quantities. i think it's chrome in general, you have to know how to care for them. you have to keep them incredibly clean and polished and they will last. personally, i don't want the hassle.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have some of my fancy battery fittings that have a black chrome finish on them and I can't touch them with out wiping off the oils from my hands or even just over night you can see a fingerprint in it the next day. They should look good for a year, and then you could always get them powder coated or something but I would not plan on them lasting longer then this.

OP
OP
M

ModStang

Reaction score
Damn thats a shame, i like the black chrome fr500s because they remind me of bbs rk which i obviously cant get. Anyone have pics of sve series 1 in anthracite on a black sn95?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online