Want To Buy 1994-1998 carbon fiber style saleen kanen spoiler

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Like Title states I'm looking for a 94-98 carbon fiber saleen style spoiler anybody have 1 for sale!!

Austinx56

Reaction score
Like Title states I'm looking for a 94-98 carbon fiber saleen style spoiler anybody have 1 for sale!!
like mine? lol just be ready to listen to everyone say you should paint that black wing and when they see its carbon fiber they go oh never mind lol

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
like mine? lol just be ready to listen to everyone say you should paint that black wing and when they see its carbon fiber they go oh never mind lol

Yes thats what I want, yeah im use to it, I already have the regular black saleen kanen spoiler on my car its gel coated black, but I now wish I bought yours the carbon fiber one! then I will sell my other 1

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you looking for real carbon fiber? Or just the look like the one posted above?

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
How much do you want for the gel coated black one you have?

Not sure yet, once and if I do get a carbon fiber one I will put it up in my thread for sale I will let you know, I paid $250 for it new, but its used now and it has a crack in the fiberglass I would say $100-$125+shipping is fair. but I will let you know.

Wildcard

Reaction score
mines should be real it said it was made with 2x2 twill carbon fiber

http://special-carbonfiber.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=65_95&product_id=50

What he means by that, or at least what I think he means, is that it is carbon fiber look. It has on layer of carbon fiber and the rest is fiberglass. That's why they can sell it at $250. If it was full carbon the price would be $450 or above. That's why in the industry we call that carbon look. Although if you don't need the properties of carbon and you just want the look, then it works.

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
What he means by that, or at least what I think he means, is that it is carbon fiber look. It has on layer of carbon fiber and the rest is fiberglass. That's why they can sell it at $250. If it was full carbon the price would be $450 or above. That's why in the industry we call that carbon look. Although if you don't need the properties of carbon and you just want the look, then it works.
Long as its stronger then the regular one, I have only had the fiberglass one on my car for only a few months since june and it already has a stress crack on the back trunk edge, soon as you close the trunk it cracked , so I wanted the carbon fiber look/ carbon fiber hopeing it will look and last longer and be stronger

Wildcard

Reaction score
Long as its stronger then the regular one, I have only had the fiberglass one on my car for only a few months since june and it already has a stress crack on the back trunk edge, soon as you close the trunk it cracked , so I wanted the carbon fiber look/ carbon fiber hopeing it will look and last longer and be stronger

unfortunately it wont be because it is really a fiberglass part with a carbon fiber veneer. All of the characteristics of carbon are lost on a blended piece like this because its strength comes from both its laminating material (which in this case will be polyester resin) and the material that it is structually formed from... i.e. the fiberglass. Polyester resin dries extremely quick. The quicker resin cures the more brittle the final product will be. Fiberglass is an incredibly stiff material, but mixed with fiberglass you get a very stiff and very brittle product. Which is why your wings keep cracking. The carbon layer on these parts is nothing but a detail layer. They are only for looks. They give no structure or carbon qualities or abilities to the final product.

I detail in this in my ducktail tread you should check out the explanation of carbon look products on page 5

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-ducktail-nascar-spoiler-99-04-mustang-5.html

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Looking for one now, had a branch fall out of my tree and fall on back of my car Broke My spoiler

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
unfortunately it wont be because it is really a fiberglass part with a carbon fiber veneer. All of the characteristics of carbon are lost on a blended piece like this because its strength comes from both its laminating material (which in this case will be polyester resin) and the material that it is structually formed from... i.e. the fiberglass. Polyester resin dries extremely quick. The quicker resin cures the more brittle the final product will be. Fiberglass is an incredibly stiff material, but mixed with fiberglass you get a very stiff and very brittle product. Which is why your wings keep cracking. The carbon layer on these parts is nothing but a detail layer. They are only for looks. They give no structure or carbon qualities or abilities to the final product.

I detail in this in my ducktail tread you should check out the explanation of carbon look products on page 5

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-ducktail-nascar-spoiler-99-04-mustang-5.html

You ever finish that spoiler project?

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Well verdict is in, Not to sold on the spoiler, I can see why its $130, the fitment was horrible doesnt sit to flush and flat like the old oem saleen wing did vs this replica, and the pre drilled holes did not line up to my trunk and I had to re drill holes and go in with a dremel on my drill and make the holes larger on my trunk.
dunno.gif
Thought I would give you a heads up. but now its pretty good

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online