1994 Cobra AutoX Build

Kilo70

Reaction score
Awesome,I need those brakes. Are they a big improvement over the standard Cobra brakes?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

wmfateam

Reaction score
Very nice! Side note, where did you end up finding replacement parts for the calipers?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Awesome,I need those brakes. Are they a big improvement over the standard Cobra brakes?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Haven't had much of a chance to really put them to the test but from what I've read they're not really much better than the stock Cobra PBR's, they just resist fade a lot better.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Very nice! Side note, where did you end up finding replacement parts for the calipers?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I found new dust boots and seals on the the british version of ebay. The first Focus RS used the same caliper back then so there's still a market for them over there. As far as new pistons go, I'm not sure where the shop that rebuilt them sourced them, from Brembo directly I'd imagine.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
New brakes look awesome and I'm sure it drives tons better with all the new MM parts. How do you like the s Drives on here? And are they 275/40 all around?

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
New brakes look awesome and I'm sure it drives tons better with all the new MM parts. How do you like the s Drives on here? And are they 275/40 all around?

They're decent at best, but they are pretty old now, coming up on 5 years old now I think. Yeah they're 275/40's all the way around.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Car looks great. As I said before the wheels look perfect on the car, very happy I sold them to you and not someone who would rattlecan them black.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Car looks great. As I said before the wheels look perfect on the car, very happy I sold them to you and not someone who would rattlecan them black.

Rattlecan is for chumps, plastidip on the other hand...

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Recently bought some new Cobra headlights to replace the gross (probably) originals and they look immensely better (crappy pic included) Also been having some overheating issues which was likely the result of extensive rust inside the cooling system so I ran a bottle of Evapo Rust's Thermocure in the radiator for a week and it did a fantastic job of cleaning it up, went from clearly noticeable rust deposits to clean, definitely recommend using that stuff if you have the same issue. Figured as long as I'm doing that may as well finally get a new radiator, so I picked up a new 2 row from Champion, here's a side by side of the two (another crappy pic, can you notice a theme here?)

It's only been in the car for a day so far but during that time it has run much cooler than before in comparative situations.
Finally, I caved and bought a set of horizontal export tails from abood89 , should be here in a few weeks, super excited for these

abood89

Reaction score
Recently bought some new Cobra headlights to replace the gross (probably) originals and they look immensely better (crappy pic included) Also been having some overheating issues which was likely the result of extensive rust inside the cooling system so I ran a bottle of Evapo Rust's Thermocure in the radiator for a week and it did a fantastic job of cleaning it up, went from clearly noticeable rust deposits to clean, definitely recommend using that stuff if you have the same issue. Figured as long as I'm doing that may as well finally get a new radiator, so I picked up a new 2 row from Champion, here's a side by side of the two (another crappy pic, can you notice a theme here?)

It's only been in the car for a day so far but during that time it has run much cooler than before in comparative situations.
Finally, I caved and bought a set of horizontal export tails from abood89 , should be here in a few weeks, super excited for these
All the best buddy!

ponyboy88

Reaction score
Great looking car, just keeps getting better and better. Was wondering if you staggered installing the MM parts or did it all at once? Mines getting the rear MM control arm/panhard/torque arm combo now and has the front MM Coil overs, control arms, c/c plates and steeda ball joints and bump kit... keep going back and forth on bothering with a rack and shaft and if I want to keep my power steering or waiting at least till an inevitable motor swap... Love to hear your feedback on your set up. Being a vert I think a roll cage needs to move up my priorites for chassis stiffness beyond the standard connectors.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Great looking car, just keeps getting better and better. Was wondering if you staggered installing the MM parts or did it all at once? Mines getting the rear MM control arm/panhard/torque arm combo now and has the front MM Coil overs, control arms, c/c plates and steeda ball joints and bump kit... keep going back and forth on bothering with a rack and shaft and if I want to keep my power steering or waiting at least till an inevitable motor swap... Love to hear your feedback on your set up. Being a vert I think a roll cage needs to move up my priorites for chassis stiffness beyond the standard connectors.

Most of it has been periodically over time, it's my daily driver, so can't keep it off the road for too long. Sounds like you've got a pretty good setup so far, after the steering rack and shaft the car drives a lot better, my old stuff had quite a bit of play in the middle so it was a drastic difference, definitely recommend. I personally haven't installed the subframe connectors yet, but from what I've read/been told, they make a night and day difference, hoping to make that happen relatively soon. Overall, I feel like it's a decently competent corner carver at this point, the brakes were kind of overkill, it was fine with the Cobra PBR's but I got the brembos for a good deal.

ponyboy88

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. yeah... my factory rack is surprisingly tight. Probably keep that upgrade for down the road. Highly recommend the connectors, with my vert they were the #1 priority. My cobra PBRs are one the last parts left in the fox parts pile I have that will swap directly over, but my stock calipers gt gave practically new pads.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. yeah... my factory rack is surprisingly tight. Probably keep that upgrade for down the road. Highly recommend the connectors, with my vert they were the #1 priority. My cobra PBRs are one the last parts left in the fox parts pile I have that will swap directly over, but my stock calipers gt gave practically new pads.

The difficult part was finding a Terminator rack that either wasn't outrageously priced, or was going to cost a good bit to ship. Cool story actually, I bought it from a guy who had a Termi swapped New Edge Saleen and an original Boss 302. Once summer rolls around I'll probably be getting the connectors on, waiting for the semester to end, not much time at the moment. But you should feel a nice difference between the PBR's and stock GT stuff, I'll probably end up putting mine on my dads fox.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Our cars are a lot more similar than i thought

Now i feel like i need to get exports lol

Honestly yeah lol. OEM Ford wheels, Bilsteins, T1, etc. Are you still thinking about going IRS?

You should! Love me some #sexports. I've got a spare passenger side horizontal export if you're interested ;)

Reaction score
Honestly yeah lol. OEM Ford wheels, Bilsteins, T1, etc. Are you still thinking about going IRS?

You should! Love me some #sexports. I've got a spare passenger side horizontal export if you're interested ;)

Lol why do you have just one? And im still debating. Lots of conversation going on with [MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] about it among other things for this future racecar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sn951992

Members online