1994 Cobra AutoX Build

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Lol why do you have just one? And im still debating. Lots of conversation going on with lwarrior1016 about it among other things for this future racecar

Got it really cheap lol. I thought about doing it for awhile, looked into it alotttttt but decided to stay SRA cause cheaper.

Reaction score
Got it really cheap lol. I thought about doing it for awhile, looked into it alotttttt but decided to stay SRA cause cheaper.

yeah but for how much i can possibly get an irs for it far outweights the sra route i would want to go because i want the 99 04 sra because it is that much longer lol

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Acquired some things today, Enkei NT03+M 18x9.5 fronts (+27 offset) and 10.5 rears (+30 offset). Rear offset isn't quite what I wanted it to be, as well as it being a staggered setup but I got a good deal so it'll do for now

Magic

Reaction score
I fancy those NT03 Enkei wheels....Rear offset might be good with an IRS or 99-04 SRA swap,since the rear end is wider than a 94-98 SRA.

Post some pics on the car!

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
I have an inch spacer on the rear right now for the R58's I'm running and the 10.5's sat pretty much flush with the rear fender with the spacer, so I might just be leaving that on there. I actually ran into an issue with the front wheels, it seems the wheel hub opening on the 9.5 wheels is physically too small to allow the hub to pass through it. I checked the 10.5 and they were probably an inch or so wider and had no issue clearing the hub (hit the front strut though). Above all else I'm going to need a spacer to clear my brembos up front anyway so it'll be likely be a bit before I can get them on the car :/

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
More or less. Looks like the hub bore is quite a bit smaller than I need it to be, never even knew that was a thing before today. Sooooooo barring reboring it, I'm probably going to be selling those fronts and having to order new ones. Chalk it up as another learning experience *rolls eyes*

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
More or less. Looks like the hub bore is quite a bit smaller than I need it to be, never even knew that was a thing before today. Sooooooo barring reboring it, I'm probably going to be selling those fronts and having to order new ones. Chalk it up as another learning experience *rolls eyes*

You might be able to get some custom spacers made that adapt the sn95 hub bore to the bore on the enkies. Hit up Pete at Fullytorquedracing, he may be able to help

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
That's probably a good idea but I'm just going to flip these. I had planned on selling the 10.5's anyway to get the 9.5's square so now I'm just selling all 4 instead of the 2.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
That's probably a good idea but I'm just going to flip these. I had planned on selling the 10.5's anyway to get the 9.5's square so now I'm just selling all 4 instead of the 2.

get 10.5 squared. or at least 10s. you can fit it in there.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
get 10.5 squared. or at least 10s. you can fit it in there.

9.5's are my best option as far as NT03's go, we'll see though lol. I'll probably keep using the R58's awhile longer.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You're thinking small. Do a Ford Cosworth CA2010 swap.

01df1379151958105b762b219d13d25d.jpg

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
So last week my timing cover started leaking pretty badly so I parked the car and just got around to starting to replace the gasket. Once the timing cover was off, I went to cut the old part of the oil pan gasket that is visible with the cover off as you're supposed to but after taking scissors to it I realized that the gasket has a small layer of metal in between the rubber so it's very hard to cut. You're supposed to cut the visible gasket out all the way to the block but with it being metal it's damn near impossible. I've cut it back as far as I can but it's impossible to get an angle on it at this point. The only idea I have at this point is to take a dremel to it. Anybody have a better idea? Pics for reference

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
A Dremel with a cutoff wheel could work. Obviously you already know how careful you need to be. My concern would be that it will leak oil when you get it back together.

As much of a pain as it would be to replace the oil pan gasket that is what I would do. I recently did it on my car because of a leak. Almost a 1000 miles later things are nice and dry under the car.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
A Dremel with a cutoff wheel could work. Obviously you already know how careful you need to be. My concern would be that it will leak oil when you get it back together.

As much of a pain as it would be to replace the oil pan gasket that is what I would do. I recently did it on my car because of a leak. Almost a 1000 miles later things are nice and dry under the car.

If I can get it flush with the block I'd probably be okay with that. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have cut the gasket at all, but I didn't realize it would be this hard to get through at the time.

If it comes down to having to replace the whole pan gasket, I'll figure out how to make it work with my situation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lndabrkes01

Members online