1995 mustang issues

1994stangfan

Reaction score
Hello, I am just about ready to fire my car up and just doing the final checks.

I turned the key to acc to allow the fuel pump to prime and look for leaks, when I did the electric fan turned in immediately and the fuel pump runs non stop.

I suspect it may be he ccrm.

Any input is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Maybe you need a start up tune?... my car was being a dick too when we were trying to get it tuned. Apparently 95 to 97 cars have some issue in the computer. Ggl4 and cdan4 or something like that. What was it [MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] ?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I don't remember all the lingo that was used that night. I think cdan4 was the strategy that was used in the ecu.

Does the car have a chip in it? If the tune isn't getting loaded right or the chip isn't plugged in completely it'll make the ecu freak out and put it in fail safe (doing what you mentioned above). Strangely enough, a bad ccrm will do all the same stuff. If you've messed with a chip recently, I would start there.

OP
OP
1994stangfan

1994stangfan

Reaction score
I don't remember all the lingo that was used that night. I think cdan4 was the strategy that was used in the ecu.

Does the car have a chip in it? If the tune isn't getting loaded right or the chip isn't plugged in completely it'll make the ecu freak out and put it in fail safe (doing what you mentioned above). Strangely enough, a bad ccrm will do all the same stuff. If you've messed with a chip recently, I would start there.

Installed a new chip the tune isn’t loaded yet but I need the key in to load the tune correct?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Installed a new chip the tune isn’t loaded yet but I need the key in to load the tune correct?

I thought quarter horse could be loaded with the serial cable outside of the ecu. None the less, you can turn the key on and load the tune. It just will not start if the chip is blank.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Double check that all prongs on the ecm are clean. You should have scuffed them with a scotch pad to make em shiny. Sometimes if you don’t get it clean and there’s residue left the chip doesn’t seat and connect properly

OP
OP
1994stangfan

1994stangfan

Reaction score
Double check that all prongs on the ecm are clean. You should have scuffed them with a scotch pad to make em shiny. Sometimes if you don’t get it clean and there’s residue left the chip doesn’t seat and connect properly

I cleaned and sanded the prongs before installing the chip originally

OP
OP
1994stangfan

1994stangfan

Reaction score
I thought quarter horse could be loaded with the serial cable outside of the ecu. None the less, you can turn the key on and load the tune. It just will not start if the chip is blank.

Can I load the tune without the pcm powered up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online