1996 crank but no start... was running hours earlier.

sn95bythebay

Reaction score
I was driving my car earlier today and I took a buddy on a ride because I just got my long tubes installed we drove around it was driving fine then I parked it gave it a little rev for him and it shut off. Had a p0320 code says it was crank sensor so I replaced that and still would crank but not start so I checked the three things you need for a car to run is air fuel and spark. I pulled a spark plug and cranked it to see if I was getting spark and I was not. What could it be? Wires and plugs are a month old so I'm stuck on what to check to get this to run again! Please help me figure this out asap

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Coil pack, does the fp turn on when you turn the key on, if not the ccrm, or ecu could have locked you out. Coil packs are cheap id try that first.

OP
OP
S

sn95bythebay

Reaction score
What is the FP? Is it possible that both coil packs go bad at the same time and how do you get locked out of your ecu

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Fuel pump. When you cycle the key to on do you hear it turn on. I wouldnt say both would go bad at the same time but, you never know. Ecu's that go bad stop communicating with your sensors. Also if your ccrm goes bad your ecu wont communicate.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Did you reset the ecu after installing a new crank position sensor? Does your car have pats (antitheft)?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online