1996 with 120k good idea to supercharge?

sn95bythebay

Reaction score
I just drove in my buddy's 1996 mustang gt with 70k and a v1 vortech system on it everything else is stock and wow I want one now. My question is will my 1996 mustang gt with 120k be ok under boost? Right now I have a full pi swap stage 2 comp cams under drive pulleys full exhaust custom tune 75mm throttle body/plenum and 373 gears. I know I will have to get a bigger fuel pump and injectors to run a vortec system. What else would you recommend me to buy (besides the vortec kit) to make this work and work well (that's if you think it is a good idea if I should do it or not) I don't know that much on this subject so any info would help.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
If she runs good why not. These engines can take a beating for a long while. Mine has over 100k on it now and loves the boost.

Reaction score
Did you blow it already? Does the car go *weeeee* now?...

Idk what's in the kit but upgraded fuel pump, injectors, a tune, probably good to retard the timing a bit. Ya know, some basics

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't do it. A black hole will form in the engine bay and if you listen closely even now you can hear it starting to suck all your money into it. But if money is no issue then heck yea!

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Boost will respond well with the compression youre running but like Thomas said, youll need cooling......water meth/intercooler.

Reaction score
If the engine is in good health now, then a moderate application of boost (6pis - 9psi) PROPERLY TUNED with good fuel will probably not cause any problems and will get you a long service life.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
And if you are just driving around regularly its not gonna be like an extra amount of stress than the factory setup. Only when under boost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online