1997 cobra.swap to 5.0

timeoutracing

Reaction score
Im doing a swap on a 1997 cobra and puting a 5.0 efi motor in it do I need the ecrm to crank the car how would I no if eec on motor i. 1995 mustang harness raned computerb In to

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im just curious why you did this? You need to change the whole body harness engine harness computer . From headlight to taillight has to be changed . You need the computer everything

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
Im just curious why you did this? You need to change the whole body harness engine harness computer . From headlight to taillight has to be changed . You need the computer everything

i am with this , WHY ?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you also need to swap out K Member etc also? Thats a lot of work to swap in an inferior engine. If you had a 2V NPI I would think differently but a 4V Teksid engine is a damn good starting point for reliability and potential HP.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Sell Cobra, buy 5.0 mustang. That's a ton of work and money. Its a neat project but not worth it.

Id begin working on the 4v. Its a great platform to start on. I love my 4v :)

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Ha, we should just trade everything. I dont want my 5.0. You dont want your 4.6L

OP
OP
T

timeoutracing

Reaction score
done change it.dont have a ccrm trying to bypass to get eec to cut on have msd distributor that plugs into the box and 6al box and blaster 2 coil need to know how to do this 362 big bore 302 base block stroker

sn95jones

Reaction score
So let me get this straight....
You took a REAL 97' Cobra, pulled that nice ass motor out to drop in a 5.0??? You ruined the value of your car just so you know, I wouldn't plan on selling it.... Ever because nobody is going to want to buy a 97' Cobra with a 5.0. Only reason why people buy them is for the motor that's in them.
On another note good luck.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Can't bypass the CCRM. It has the fuel pump relay, fan relay, and AC relay built in.

And you just destroyed a good car. Unless it's a straight up race car, I don't see the point in the swap. To each their own though I guess

OP
OP
T

timeoutracing

Reaction score
i took the 4v out because it was knockn i done bypased it tell i get one cobra front end still in the car so wen i build my 4v will have everything to go back in the car but i plan on stroking and go bigger with the cams and heads think ima KBell or make it carb with crank trigger its a all aluminium motor

framda

Reaction score
So let me get this straight....
You took a REAL 97' Cobra, pulled that nice ass motor out to drop in a 5.0??? You ruined the value of your car just so you know, I wouldn't plan on selling it.... Ever because nobody is going to want to buy a 97' Cobra with a 5.0. Only reason why people buy them is for the motor that's in them.
On another note good luck.

I would buy it.

Locomoco

Reaction score
Man that's some crazy stuff going from a svt cobra 4.6 to 5.0. I have a 95 cobra 5.0 and keeping it that way because it's what made my car special. You could have got another engine other then a 5.0 and kept the value of the car. But hey to each there own :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online