5.0 help

Henri24tor

Reaction score
I got a 1995 ford mustang got 5.0 it has aluminum heads , 303b cam, upgraded distributor msd, 40lbs injectors, high flow fuel pump, headers, cold air intake, 3.55 gear and I was wondering what else do I need to do to get more power new to building v8

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Do you have a power level in mind? Or do you want to stay naturally aspirated or add a power adder (turbo, supercharger, or nitrous)?

Thanks
Michael Plummer

OP
OP
Henri24tor

Henri24tor

Reaction score
Do you have a power level in mind? Or do you want to stay naturally aspirated or add a power adder (turbo, supercharger, or nitrous)?

Thanks
Michael Plummer
Like 500 or 600 hp maybe up in the road add a v1 supercharger or twin turbo

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Your in block splitting territory at those numbers. If you want a good bump in power go with some aftermarket heads, cam and intake. You will be in the 300+ whp territory. If you want 4/500hp you could pretty much leave the engine stock and bolton a turbo kit and you will be close to that mark. Just keep in mind you will need a fuel system, and ecu tuning.

OP
OP
Henri24tor

Henri24tor

Reaction score
Your in block splitting territory at those numbers. If you want a good bump in power go with some aftermarket heads, cam and intake. You will be in the 300+ whp territory. If you want 4/500hp you could pretty much leave the engine stock and bolton a turbo kit and you will be close to that mark. Just keep in mind you will need a fuel system, and ecu tuning.
It already has aluminum heads a 303b cam and a intake so just a turbo kit I need

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can make over 500 and be reliable. Personally I’d go supercharger over turbo every time for simplicity and fitment purposes . My cars maxing the 60lb injectors on e85 at around 5200 so I’m making north of 525rwhp . The biggest reason why blocks split on these is from detonation from shit fuel and too much timing . If e85 is available and you plan on boosting the car I always recommend e85.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
You can make over 500 and be reliable. Personally I’d go supercharger over turbo every time for simplicity and fitment purposes . My cars maxing the 60lb injectors on e85 at around 5200 so I’m making north of 525rwhp . The biggest reason why blocks split on these is from detonation from shit fuel and too much timing . If e85 is available and you plan on boosting the car I always recommend e85.
I definitely do not discourage from going to a blower setup. They also sound better in my opinion. Most centrifugal units now dont require oil lines and are all self-contained.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I definitely do not discourage from going to a blower setup. They also sound better in my opinion. Most centrifugal units now dont require oil lines and are all self-contained.
Yea the self contained ones are nice and simple like my procharger and v3

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online