2000 GT Salvage Build

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. That is awful. I hope you can save a lot of good stuff from this one. Looking forward to the next one!

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
I'm ok and the other guy is also, that is the good part. He hit me at 50-55 mph, I was stopped. The car is back sitting in my driveway and I'm already looking for a replacement, going to look at one this week. Not many new edge GT manual cars for sale in my state or even near by ones. The sooner this one is gone from here the better I'll feel not having to look at it in it's current state.

Appreciate your posts guys and at some point after the insurance stuff is all done I'll post a pic of it currently.

Snorky

Reaction score
I'm ok and the other guy is also, that is the good part. He hit me at 50-55 mph, I was stopped. The car is back sitting in my driveway and I'm already looking for a replacement, going to look at one this week. Not many new edge GT manual cars for sale in my state or even near by ones. The sooner this one is gone from here the better I'll feel not having to look at it in it's current state.

Appreciate your posts guys and at some point after the insurance stuff is all done I'll post a pic of it currently.
That is super upsetting, I'm so sorry to hear that! Glad everyone is okay. What state are you in? Do you keep the car or is this an insurance debacle where they take the car? If it's yours, part it out. Pull everything usable and make a huge for sale list online or fb market place and just try to get some money back, set reasonable prices and wheel and deal.

trippieTim

Reaction score
End of the journey on this one, was rear ended on the way to a car show this morning. Pretty much totaled.

Think I'll try to find another one to swap over my good parts.
Best of luck thats the worst. Id look for a V6 to swap. Usually they're cheap. Maybe find another salvage title one just to keep the trend alive lol.

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
That is super upsetting, I'm so sorry to hear that! Glad everyone is okay. What state are you in? Do you keep the car or is this an insurance debacle where they take the car? If it's yours, part it out. Pull everything usable and make a huge for sale list online or fb market place and just try to get some money back, set reasonable prices and wheel and deal.
I'm in MN and did not have full coverage on it so I keep the car. Not sure I want another "BIG" project like this turned out to be, so swapping a V6 is not what I want to do but there are plenty of V6 auto cars for sale in my area and GT manuals' are rare. It will be a part out after I take the parts I want off it, before it gets scrapped.

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
So we are two weeks later and I'll finish off this thread. I bought another car two days after the accident, it's a 2004 that was a V6 auto that has a 2001 GT motor and 5spd in it. I'll start a new thread with the new car because of course it needs work. This car will live on with a lot being transferred to the new car.

Accident pics
IMG_4568.JPG

IMG_4573.JPG

weendoggy

Reaction score
So we are two weeks later and I'll finish off this thread. I bought another car two days after the accident, it's a 2004 that was a V6 auto that has a 2001 GT motor and 5spd in it. I'll start a new thread with the new car because of course it needs work. This car will live on with a lot being transferred to the new car.

Accident pics
View attachment 25995

View attachment 25996
Damn shame is all I can say. :(

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
This is truly the end of this thread. I spent all summer stripping this car of everything I wanted or needed to rebuild the replacement car, so not a lot left of it anymore. Two weeks ago I posted it up as a part out on Marketplace and got some inquiries. Two guys wanted to buy the entire car, which was actually better for me to go that route. Yesterday the first guy came and picked up the car so it is finally gone and I don't have to look at it anymore.

IMG_4852.JPG

IMG_4846.JPG

IMG_4862.JPG

IMG_4864.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online