2001 Cobra tail lights

JPuehl

Reaction score
I read that the tail lights for my 2001 Cobra with the amber turn signal were limited production so I replaced mine with "regular" tail lights to keep them away from traffic and tweakers. I've noticed that on EBay they're being sold for between $1200 to $2000 for a pair. I know something's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but is that really the price the tail lights go for? That is part of the reason I swapped mine out since I bought new "regular" replacement tail lights from LMR for $75.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There has always been a following for the import lights. I hear if your at a car show with them that it is guaranteed that you could get laid but I have never been into middle aged dudes myself :) Now what people ask for on ebay is not what they go for. Here is a search that shows what they have actually sold for recently and yea $600-1000 is normally no problem, highest I have seen was $1500.

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
Thanks, $600 - $1000 sounds reasonable. I'll probably end up selling mine as I'd rather have a set of rims for auto-cross tires taking up space in the garage than a set of tail lights on the shelf that I'm really not that interested in, lol. I prefer the "regular" lights anyway.

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
I didn't do any rewiring to use the "regular" tail lights, just opened up the blank where the turn signal bulb goes, so now it blinks red instead of amber. Converting from "regular" to the Cobra tail lights would require some rewiring.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I wonder if the future value of the car would be affected if selling without the "correct" lights (unless you're modding the heck out of it anyway, then who cares?).

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
I wonder if the future value of the car would be affected if selling without the "correct" lights (unless you're modding the heck out of it anyway, then who cares?).
When I bought the car it has so many upgraded parts on it and I didn't get any of the factory parts, plus I plan set it up to auto-cross and track day it, so no concern about it being correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online