2003 Convertible V6 - Fan not coming on

Moff Gideon

Reaction score
New member, thanks for the add. Picked up a 2003 convertible v6 in a trade deal that I am restoring (seems like an odd term for this year car lol) for my son to drive. A lot of cosmetic stuff mostly, but definitely giving it some servicing love that it needed.

I was noticing that the car would really never get to temp and the heater would blow warmish but never really get hot. First place to look was the thermostat housing, and we found that the thermostat was not present. This explains it always being open and keeping it cool in mild temps. We have replaced the thermostat and can get the car to temp now, but a new issue has surfaced. The radiator fan is not kicking on. Either at Temp or when running A/C.

Fan has been tested and works properly. Power seems to be present at all the right places. Replaced the CCRM with no luck. We did find traces of an intermittent ground on the scan tool, but have not been able to track down that source yet or determine if it is directly related.

I tried searching the forums first but didn't find anything.

Has anyone else had this issue or think you could help point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.

SG

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Wow, no one replied!

I dont ever remember seeing this post. Strange!

Anyhow, others should comment too.

Lets start with simple. I didnt see you mention this and im sure you have already checked these but for thread information sake let me ask, have you checked fuses and relays?

OP
OP
M

Moff Gideon

Reaction score
We did check the fuses. I can double check on relays. I will be back down to the shop working on it tomorrow.

Lazerred98

Reaction score
I don't really know much about electric fans, but are you sure that the coolant temp gets high enough to turn the fan on?

OP
OP
M

Moff Gideon

Reaction score
So we got the fan running, and now a new issue with the AC system. The ac clutch is engaging as soon as accessory power is engaged with the ignition. This is causing the clutch to run constantly and over pressurize the system. Brand new compressor and it was blowing cold just fine a few weeks ago. Definately a weird change

Res13

Reaction score
sorry im a bit late to this but im having the same problem with no fan activity even with a/c on...replaced the ccrm and the pcm not even a month ago and checked all fuses. ran power to fan and fan is still good...how did you get your fan to work again. might solve my issue too

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online