2004 3.4 L Whipple Mustang Cobra Clean Up

foofinator

Reaction score
I have been diligently working on my 1998 Mustang GT, trying to get it ready for the new On 3 Performance Turbo Kit due out this December. http://sn95forums.com/index.php/topic,64125.0.html

Just got the call today that my Cobra is finished with the dyno and ready to come home. I will have to wait a week or so to make it to Dallas to pick it up, but I have begun the clean up process. It made 750 rwhp in 110 degree heat, so it seems the motor is still healthy (usually is closer to the 800 mark).

This car used to be beautiful and was featured in a calendar in 5.0 Mustang. The year of law school, sitting in my garage, lack of buffing pads, the Texas Mile, etc.. have chiggered it up a little bit.

The car has a 3.4 L compressor, runs on E85, has 3.08's in the rear and even includes the kitchen sink.

IMG_00641.jpg

This is the last picture I have of it from 4 months ago when it was towed to HPP racing. Complete with a scratch from dropping a wrench on it installing my garage door opener! :violent1: No worries, now that law school is out of session for another month, I will be able to fix her up again.

1313octtxmile.jpg

At the Texas Mile..

wiring2.jpg

Cage and intercooler tank install..

foof02.jpg

Engine shot, (painted JLT is gone, did not flow enough)

216314.jpg

Now I'm whoring.

193808.jpg

One of the calendar shots!

Wish me luck, cannot wait to get it back!

OP
OP
F

foofinator

Reaction score
Have begun polishing the wheels. Huge thanks to Sn95 forums for the great how-to on this. Get to do my first update today.

BEFORE:
IMG_03601.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_03571.jpg

OP
OP
F

foofinator

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments.

I just finished up the inside of that wheel. Any recommendations to prevent them from uglying up again?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
very nice, im going to Garland sunday afternoon i could bring it back for you. :tongue3:

OP
OP
F

foofinator

Reaction score
Javi said:
very nice, im going to Garland sunday afternoon i could bring it back for you. :tongue3:

Speaking of which, I did notice you're from the OKC area (405).. Do you ever go out to Thunder Valley? I went last night for the first time and it was pretty cool.

OP
OP
F

foofinator

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys!

A ton of buffing pads/compounds are on their way. Ended up going with SSR2/SSR1 with a light cutting pad (CCS) for the SSR2 and a polishing pad for the SSR1. Then going to top with EX-P and natty's red paste wax, just like the old days.

If I can finish polishing the wheels and then buff the car, detail the engine bay, and install these goodies, she should be a lot closer to finished.
IMG_04201.jpg

1bad95

Reaction score
sweet car!!! they look like the foam pads for the cage, new tails and a smoked 3rd brake light

OP
OP
F

foofinator

Reaction score
Got tired of no bass (rollcage mandated removal of the 460 rack in the back).. Installed a touch screen head unit, amp and subwoofer. Took me 4 days of fighting before I figured out how to get it right. (The Mach 460 system is a bitch). I'll post some pics tomorrow :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online

No members online now.