2015 Mustang announced... Thoughts?

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Article on Car and Driver, includes fancy 360 picture!
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2015-ford-mustang-leaked-360-view-and-full-details-news

Bashing and criticism are more than welcome...

My thoughts:
This is the picture I just made and posted on my instagram account.
I can handle the front end, I don't hate it but I definitely don't like it...
I like the idea of the hatchback look of the roof line... But boy as it executed poorly...
I hate hate hate hate hate hate the rear end. Did I mention how much I hate the rear end?
The only thing really left from the older Mustangs are the taillights and the name 'Mustang', a name this car does NOT deserve IMO.
YVdY5Jv.png

[MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] said this on Instagram:
jfee95 said:
Overall its terrible.. These will be the Mustang II's of the 21st century.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
those pics were out a while ago, new ones were just leaked. we'll see on Thursday if I like it or not.

for what it's worth the one posted has the exact same side profile as the 2014. I actually really like that one, I'm afraid i won't like the real one. No matter what it ends up looking like there's no way it'll be another Mustang II.

STR33TR

Reaction score
I know it's just a rendering, but I'm glad to see they are talking/thinking about puttin the quarter window back with the door glass, like it is on our cars. Also like what I'm seeing concerning the skirt issue...
Those were two things that bug the crap out of me on the s197s.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Not to sold on the rear end. Flows nice from front to middle, but something looks odd from the back part :undecided:

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like every other mustang ever made.... boring and ugly in stock form.

But that's also the best part about these cars. The aftermarket is going to be bigger then ever.

883cobra

Reaction score
Since I am going to see the new mustang at work and have to drive them everyday.It is going to be interesting to see what goes wrong with this model.I wonder if the base model is going to have the same four cylinder motor that comes in the Focus ST?Anyone read yet what the cost is going to be?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Base model should be the V6, the 4 cyl ecoboost is an option along with the 5.0 according to what I've seen.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That render is old. Apparently the "real" picture was leaked today, even though I saw that render a couple months ago.........
I won't believe anything until thursday when ford actually releases media.

V6 is suppose to be base model, the 4 cyl ecoboost (will have more power than the 300hp v6), then the 5.0.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
yea this isn't the actual car, it may actually become it, but we cant be 100% sure until Thursday. Good morning America will be sharing it at 7am Eastern so ill be up early to check it out for sure.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of it at all, but nothing I can do about it. Maybe somebody can make some aftermarket body kits to make em look better. I saw a picture on Facebook earlier that was just a little different than this one but still a no to me. I'll be happy with my SN lol

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
UlowHGs.jpg

I get to school around 7AM so if someone could posts pictures here immediately after the announcement I'd appreciate that. haha

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Mack

Reaction score
The interesting news is that it will be available in Europe...

In Europe the V6 will not be available. They expect to sell the 4-cyl, and they offer a V8 just for catalogue reasons. Taxes in Europe will make the V8 incredibly expensive so nobody will buy one.

I would like to have a 4-cyl for daily driver, to be honest. I like it.

I do wonder if it will be a big seller, and if future Mustang meetings will be 99% 2015 models over here.

Caboose302

Reaction score
If it were an exotic, I'd like it (except for the rear end... I will never like the rear end) but not for a muscle car. The lines would look more at home on an Aston Martin or a Jag... Not a Ford
I guess I'll wait until tomorrow an hope that the real pictures will look differently and give it a beefier appearance.

jumbowolfe

Reaction score
I hate, absolutely hate the front end. Is this a Mustang or a Camaro?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online