2015 Mustang announced... Thoughts?

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I'm hoping that American Muscle can whip up some good shit to fix the ugliness... Here's a picture I came across on Instagram. Looks a little better but nothing will fix those Fusion headlights and European body lines...
PoY5sgR.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
I find it funny everyone on THIS site non the less bashing it as the worst mustang from the mustang II. If I recall, wasn't there a HUGE uproar when the SN95 body was unveiled and everyone hated it, mustang was dead blah blah blah. It's fine to me, probably cause I like aston martins and this looks like one haha.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I find it funny everyone on THIS site non the less bashing it as the worst mustang from the mustang II. If I recall, wasn't there a HUGE uproar when the SN95 body was unveiled and everyone hated it, mustang was dead blah blah blah. It's fine to me, probably cause I like aston martins and this looks like one haha.

Yeah I can see that. But it was a fresh, new look when the sn95 came out, this just looks like every other new car on the road (import or domestic).

EDIT: Mainly the front end.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll wait til ford actually releases media to make up my mind.

But I hated these pictures at first, but irs growing on me!
Headlights and grill need to be changed, but aftermarket will solve that.

CobraClone94

Reaction score
When i figure it out, You'll be the first to know.
I like how everyone is talking about how it looks, But! what about the stats, 181 lbs lighter, 16.5 shorter and 6.5 thinner... with the IRS this car will feel like a real sports car... I bet the 2.3L turbo will just be a blast to drive. you can always change the way it looks with body kits and such... I have a feeling when ppl start reviewing this car, folks will be pleasantly surprised? :)

hondarocks61

Reaction score
I like what I see so far. We have had decades of retro mustangs, whats wrong with a modern looking mustang? I can't wait till we can see some PERFORMANCE data...

Nightmare

Reaction score

I like how everyone is talking about how it looks, But! what about the stats, 181 lbs lighter, 16.5 shorter and 6.5 thinner... with the IRS this car will feel like a real sports car... I bet the 2.3L turbo will just be a blast to drive. you can always change the way it looks with body kits and such... I have a feeling when ppl start reviewing this car, folks will be pleasantly surprised? :)

I agree with both of these statements. I was guilty of prejudging the car too when the first designs of that italian thing came out.....now the car is slowly growing on me.....I wish I was able to go to the unveil, however I am stuck watching it on the Ford Web Cast.

Nacho98

Reaction score
i sure hope that the leaked pics in that magazine are a base model, i would assume so since there is absolutely nothing on it indicating its a GT. i sure hope there are 5.0 fender emblems and big fogs in the grille (doubting the latter bigtime).

Darhawk

Reaction score
Just wait for the quotes from newer SN197 folks such as " So glad I bought a 2013" or etc... I will make a decision once I see one in real life. Pictures are always deceiving until the real thing pulls up besides you at the light. I used to think the Dodge Caliber was going to be a nice family car when viewing the pictures online, but then when I saw the real deal at the Auto Show in person, I was totally grossed out. So something to think about.

Nacho98

Reaction score
I see a couple things I don't like after having searched the internet and finding GT pics, and many hi res wallpaper type pics - this car is going to get dated quickly when the mid cycle refresh hits in 3-4 model years. I HATE HATE HATE when manufacturers - and they ALL do it - put cheap ass black plastic side skirts on a car just to paint them/replace them with painted pieces a few years later, instantly makes the old car look way outdated. Aside from that, I just don't like the shape of them, looks exactly like the '99-'04 cars which I never liked.

The other thing I hate is that Ford is going backwards and from what I read, making shitty ass halogen headlights standard again (yuck, why is it that 15 years after xenons came out they still aren't standard across the board on most cars? Why are they still a high priced option on most cars?) after having xenons standard on all '13/'14 cars. THis is another new body style gripe, manufacturers always taketh features away with a new body style only to put them back in in successive years. Then a new redesign hits, there go all those nice features (think LED blinkers on BMW 3 series).

Honestly for my money although a new body style always looks great when it first comes out, it doesn't hold up well over time compared to the latter years of a given body style. Think of it this way, '05-'09 GTs look like total ass compared to '10+ and more specifically '13-'14 cars. The '15 might look about as good as a '14 (and probably a lot better to some), but if I owned a '14 I'd only ever really compare it to others in the same generation, of which the '14 would look the best and I'd always feel great about what I have. With a '15, I'd start to hate it once the mid-cycle refresh comes along and mine all of a sudden looks outdated. This logic might not make sense to a lot of people, but I can't think of a whole lot of early pre-facelift cars of any body style in any generation that really have held up over time, especially against their mid cycle facelifts.

Personally if '14s are still being produced in May, and the numbers work, I might try and get one.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Fugly as fug... I seriously do not like it. Maybe it's one of those things that will grow on me, but as it stands theres a big check in the do not like box.

Front looks like a damned Fusion/Taurus... surprise surprise Ford just LOVES that front end. Can't wait till the new trucks come out with that front end. I will then officially take my any and all future business elsewhere... Then that rear end just looks.... bizarre to say the least. Wtf is that angle all about? Nothing flows on it imo.

I think my cut off for newest Mustang would be 14. Those are gorgeous in many ways (not all, but many). These 15s are for the business man to take his client out on a date.... wrong direction here Ford...

Sent from my SCH-I605

Rallim

Reaction score
I find it funny that I saw the word's Aston and Mustang in the same sentence, in comparison.

A.
1983_aston_martin_v8_vantage-pic-54413.jpeg

B. The SN95 was a huge departure and huge backlash as stated, and look at all of us now.

Anyways, I like it more then when I saw the 2011 refresh at first, I hated that now I love it. Unlike everyone else, I LOVE the rear. The front I can see where they were going, blah blah blah, Fusion. The Fusion looks like an Aston. The Fusion is a damn good car. An Aston Martin is an amazing car. Also see point A.

It has some weird spots on it, sort of looks odd from some angles, amazing from others. It's okay, not loving it 100%, but I bet in person it'd look great. I wasn't looking forward to it so I don't really care, not like I'll own one. The V6 will be more powerful which is awesome, there's a turbo 4, which is neat, and the V8 will be even more powerful. Oh, and bigger brakes, yay. And... REAL INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION! So independent. Amazing. Much fun. Wow.

And the interior, yay.

That is all.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Meh, I can't afford one anyway....

But, it's not that bad since they are doing something different and I kinda like the Aston Martin grill and the rear looks just like the 13-14 one honestly. I'd like to see them just make a new version of a Foxbody, then sn95, and so on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online