2015 Mustang will have IRS - More Proof!!

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score
2015-mustang-will-have-irs-more-proof_8784.jpg

2015 MUSTANG WILL HAVE IRS – MORE PROOF!!!

We will see how this plays out. I'm honestly not a fan of the IRS. I'm sure everyone seen this yesterday, or even earlier this morning on Jalopnik. If not, here it is.

Big thanks to Jalopnik.com for releasing these new 2015 Mustang “test mule†pictures. From the pictures you can clearly see the lower control arms of an IRS (independent rear suspension) system on this test Stang. You can also see the rear bumper has been cut/hacked up. It is safe to assume that this is to clear a redesigned exhaust system that has to be routed around the IRS system.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hm. im disappointed. I hope thats just for the high-end models.

the GTs should stay SRA.

Hell, the V6 should be IRS - all the performance based stuff should be SRA. :]

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I heard a long time ago that the new Stang was going IRS, that's what happens when they build a Mustang for Europe. I'm nervous for Ford about the new Mustang, they better not **** this up.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Whats wrong with IRS? Lol. If the chassis is built for it, there is no reason it cant be reliable and strong. In addition to the handling benefits that could be tweaked out of it.

drag racing sucks anyway
.... :lipsrsealed:

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I hope its an option ..... best of all worlds a solid axle or Irs that can be swapped visa versa

The D3V

hondarocks61

Reaction score
I hope its an option ..... best of all worlds a solid axle or Irs that can be swapped visa versa

The D3V

That would be awesome. Choosing your rear suspension design from the factory, it would satisfy both crowds.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whats wrong with IRS? Lol. If the chassis is built for it, there is no reason it cant be reliable and strong. In addition to the handling benefits that could be tweaked out of it.

drag racing sucks anyway

da faqu did you just say????

hottwheels04

Reaction score

drag racing sucks anyway

Just look @ IRs' in the older cobras and mustangs 1999-2001 cobras and 2003-2004 cobras had IRS! And it sucked! stock bushings = crap had to buy irs upgrade package they didnt handle power,they added weight to the mustang irs weighed like 300+ lbs thats why the mustang got heavier for 1999-2004 cobras ! alot of people swap to built 8.8 solid axle swaps, or swap with mach1 owners, thats why the mach 1 mustang was lighter then the cobras!

Magic

Reaction score
Just look @ IRs' in the older cobras and mustangs 1999-2001 cobras and 2003-2004 cobras had IRS! And it sucked! stock bushings = crap had to buy irs upgrade package they didnt handle power,they added weight to the mustang irs weighed like 300+ lbs thats why the mustang got heavier for 1999-2004 cobras ! alot of people swap to built 8.8 solid axle swaps, or swap with mach1 owners, thats why the mach 1 mustang was ligther then the cobras!

The 99-04 IRS assembly was no more than 90lbs heavier than a complete Solid axle 8.8.
Stock SRA in factory form sucks bobo as well.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
I can tell some BS will be spewed in this thread... Oh man, I should leave before it gets bad...

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I could care less about IRS. It would be nice to have the option, have solid on drag orientated cars.

But mustangs do need a little help in the handling section... Most of the reviews of the gt500 (comparing to Camaro specifically) said it would absolutely destroy in a straight line, however it few a little behind in the curves.

Slykin

Reaction score
Stock SRA's suuuuuccckkk. I'm all for an IRS setup if they do it right. Not to mention, the mustang needs more weight in the back.

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Hopefully they will address the shortcomings of the previous IRS. The 5.0 has it down. If they make it handle great then it'll be a #1 car.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought most of the 03/04 cobra weight was from the cast iron block, didn't the others have aluminum? Also the Mustang IRS is not a good example of an IRS, if they build one to fit the chassis and do it properly it could be awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online